What do you envision the Michael Jordan of MMA...

...would look like? In terms of style, height, weight, reach, etc.?

We constantly hear about certain fighters being "the GOAT" yet does anyone really believe these fighters will still be the best of all-time in even 5 years? Or in 10, 15, 20 years?

That's easy. Anderson Silva is the Michael Jordan of MMA. I mean come on, he's doing Burger King commercials. That is Michael Jordan status.

Jon Jonesssssssss

Titanium Rhino - That's easy. Anderson Silva is the Michael Jordan of MMA. I mean come on, he's doing Burger King commercials. That is Michael Jordan status.

Nike sponsorship

If Bones cleans out 205 in Anderson style, then moves up to HW and continues he will be undisputed GOAT.

Travis Lutter

To me, Jones is just the latest GOAT candidate, not a long-lasting great the likes of Michael Jordan. Perhaps an Oscar Robertson of MMA.

Right now Anderson. If jones cleans the lhw division out and moves up to heavyweight and wins a few he will be on amdersons level. If he wins both belts he is for sure goat, but I don't see it happening Phone Post

iamjohnny - Travis Lutter

hello mr. Goldberg

Titanium Rhino - That's easy. Anderson Silva is the Michael Jordan of MMA. I mean come on, he's doing Burger King commercials. That is Michael Jordan status.

Nah, Jordan was a much better basketball player than Anderson is an MMA fighter.

If you took Jacare's ground game, added it to GSP's wrestling, and added all that to Anderson's striking you'd be on your way but I don't think there's been anyone in MMA yet who's mentality compares to Jordan's. Jordan's combined confidence, courage, toughness, and ruthlessness are unmatched by anyone in MMA.

Maybe Randy's mentality comes closest? But it's not close.

we are so far off from having a "michael jordan" in mma....

the guys who are standing out now, are raising the bar... in another 5-10 years, things will be crazy!

Hands down there is no one else other than Anderson Silva. Ruling the MW division since his first fight, champion, biggest sponsorships, and is one of the most well known MMA fighters of all time. Which is why he is the MJ of MMA, thats the closest to MJ of mma we will have the sport is too young for now.

ShadoKhan - we are so far off from having a "michael jordan" in mma....

the guys who are standing out now, are raising the bar... in another 5-10 years, things will be crazy!

I agree, but if we had to absolutely pick one, I would pick Anderson.

Anderson Silva IS the Michael Jordan of MMA!

Nobody is the Michael Jordan of MMA.

NickBenton93 - Nobody is the Michael Jordan of MMA.

Yep, sport is too young anyway, there will be a huge evolution over the next ten years. Anderson is closest but not anywhere near close in terms of actual 'brand awareness'. MJ within Nike is still a multi billion dollar business. How long has he been retired? Damn. Phone Post

GageIsLegend -
Titanium Rhino - That's easy. Anderson Silva is the Michael Jordan of MMA. I mean come on, he's doing Burger King commercials. That is Michael Jordan status.

Not popular enough doing 300,000 ppvs won't get you there. Phone Post

It was only a matter of time before you showed up. Phone Post

Anderson is the current GOAT, 5 years from now I expect Jon Jones, Cormier, JDS, Cain,  Phil Davis, Aldo or GSP to have taken that title.

GageIsLegend - 
Titanium Rhino - That's easy. Anderson Silva is the Michael Jordan of MMA. I mean come on, he's doing Burger King commercials. That is Michael Jordan status.
Not popular enough doing 300,000 ppvs won't get you there. Phone Post

Getting large endorsements and more exposure will get you more PPV's though...