What Do You Think? Is This Racist?

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25951237/bar-louies-dress-code-policy-denounced-as-overtly-racist

A Minneapolis woman says a sign she found outside Bar Louie in Uptown was shocking, and she's not shy about speaking out on the controversial dress code that has many saying they'll no longer spend money there.

"It's the new Jim Crow being enforced in a colorblind way," Michelle Horovitz told Fox 9 News.

Bar Louie is now enforcing a strict dress code that is enforced every Thursday through Saturday from 9 p.m. to close and bars the following items:

- Flat-billed hats
- Large chains
- Sleeveless under shirts
- Long white T-shirts
- Athletic apparel
- Sports jerseys without collars
- Excessively baggy clothing

"What is 'excessively baggy?'" Horovitz asked. "Who's going to judge that? Are you going to have Grandma B sitting by the door saying, 'That's too baggy'?"

Horovitz considers the dress code to be both appalling and racist.

I say no

Simply, I don't see

-Cannot be black

On that list.

I think that word is so overly applied it's ridiculous.

Are they targeting certain individuals...absolutely

Lux Fixxins - Also, I've never been to a bar Louie, but there's a few around here. I may now frequent Phone Post 3.0

I've been to a couple of the ones in the Chicago area.

I really liked the appetizers.

The second time I went, they didn't have a lot of the appetizers we ordered...but it was a different location and a few years later.

Worth checking out.

It is discriminatory towards people from urban culture which can include many races from blacks to whites. Phone Post 3.0

kindofawesome - It is discriminatory towards people from urban culture which can include many races from blacks to whites. Phone Post 3.0
But it's not racist Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like the sign is already working.

Hi-yo!

No different to a bar having a sign banning bike gang colours. Phone Post 3.0

kindofawesome - It is discriminatory towards people from urban culture which can include many races from blacks to whites. Phone Post 3.0

poor uneducated people prone to violence?

I wonder why you wouldn't want them in your bar.

Seriously, I see no problem with the dress code.

It's similar to a bar banning leather jackets, vests, denim, etc if they feel there is a problem with bikers. They don't have to put a sign up saying "no meth head bikers."

If there is a problem with people who dress hip-hop/urban/whatever the fuck you want to call it, regardless of race (I've seen whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and every other group dressed this way at times) then you set up the code.

As long as the code is enforced on everyone, regardless of skin tone, it's not racist. I don't care if Patrick Stewart came in the fucking door, if he was rocking a flat brimmed hat, sagging pants, and a wife beater, I'm sending Captain Picard out the fucking door.

There are plenty of clubs in the hood with that same dress code. In fact, clubs in "rougher" areas tend to be MORE explicit about what you can't wear. This story SHOULD be, "Naive woman, unfamiliar with the concept of club dress codes" --and OF COURSE it's a white woman that is outraged and spouting of about "systematic opression".

I just can't take it anymore...

*Heads down to "Grown & Sexy Smooth Jazz Night" at the Savoy in Inglewood*

shaqitup -
kindofawesome - It is discriminatory towards people from urban culture which can include many races from blacks to whites. Phone Post 3.0

poor uneducated people prone to violence?

I wonder why you wouldn't want them in your bar.
Yes, poor uneducated people regardless of race are more likely to be victims and perpetuators of violent crime. I would also have a similar dress code if I owned a bar. Phone Post 3.0

I think the irony of this story is that this bitch is the real racist because she's the one saying black people exclusively wear this shit.

Owner just came up with the list, she's the one automatically assuming it's targeted towards black people Phone Post 3.0

WelterweightBatman - I think the irony of this story is that this bitch is the real racist because she's the one saying black people exclusively wear this shit.

Owner just came up with the list, she's the one automatically assuming it's targeted towards black people Phone Post 3.0

Truth.

she gonna get mad if the bar stops serving hennessy n shit..

Racist against who? White/black/messican douchebags all wear that shit

Last I knew douchebags wasnt a race. This bitch should stow her tits and air her cunt for a bit. Sandy as fuck in there Phone Post 3.0

No sleveless undershirts is hardly racist.

effinggoof - No sleveless undershirts is hardly racist.
Nice pointy hat Phone Post 3.0

And just for the record I dont know what the fuck a sleeveless undershirt is. Do they mean a vest?

Because they just barred all the guys from jersey shore and bret hart. Maybe this is raciss. Against douchebags and curly haired Canadians Phone Post 3.0

A lot of places with that same dress code just don't put it on the wall. Phone Post 3.0

Seems understandable to me, on a kinda related thing, I had someone tell me that the term " illegal alien" is a racist term, is this actually something people believe or did I just run into a troll? Phone Post 3.0