what do you want to train that you don't?

I disagree. I could say that about Aikido, for example, and you would be hard pressed, if not find it impossible, to find a practitioner good enough to pull anything off in sparring. As a matter of fact, I think that would be true of a LOT of styles.

Savate has a unique approach to distancing, rhythm, angling, and timing. It is a highly deceptive striking art that still delivers tremendous power mixed with unpredictable precision.

Spar with a savateur and you will quickly discover their signature range and rhythms are unique and useful. :)

Oh, and I did my first Hojojutsu seminar this weekend. That was an interesting experience! I'd never trained Hojo before.

Scott Elliott - I disagree. I could say that about Aikido, for example, and you would be hard pressed, if not find it impossible, to find a practitioner good enough to pull anything off in sparring. As a matter of fact, I think that would be true of a LOT of styles.

That's a straw man. You could say that about Muay Thai, BJJ, freestyle wrestling, folkstyle wrestling, Greco-Roman wrestling, Sambo, Judo, Boxing, Kyokushin, Enshin, and so on. What makes Savate worth training? Don't tell me to go find a good Savateur, there isn't even any Savateur within 200 miles of me, let alone a good one.

Scott Elliott - I disagree. I could say that about Aikido, for example, and you would be hard pressed, if not find it impossible, to find a practitioner good enough to pull anything off in sparring. As a matter of fact, I think that would be true of a LOT of styles.

jkd/silat would be near the top on the list of a LOT of styles