What do you wish you knew starting out?

What advice do you wish you could give yourself when you were just starting to learn to BOx?

That i should never of gave it up.

To not get frustrated, it's a slow process and that the boring stuff is the most important, i.e. footwork drills, movement drills, and timing. Developing good basic mechanics is the most important thing, it's the foundation for later.

I would spend a lot more time on my defense.

find a good coach

"1) Not to throw combos or "multi-hits." Bad for the shoulders :)"

Not sure I follow; you think it's bad to throw more than one punch at a time?

How do you find that bad for your shoulders?

KingBodhi - To not get frustrated, it's a slow process and that the boring stuff is the most important, i.e. footwork drills, movement drills, and timing. Developing good basic mechanics is the most important thing, it's the foundation for later.

This. Especially footwork drills. Mine still sucks.

martinburke - ^^^ you still putting too much weight on your heels and squaring up too much?

I'm on my toes a lot more, not as square but I still square up when I'm lazy or tired or just not thinking. After that last fight I've being doing a TON of footwork and counterpunching drills. You won't even recognize me next time out ;)

KingBodhi - To not get frustrated, it's a slow process and that the boring stuff is the most important, i.e. footwork drills, movement drills, and timing. Developing good basic mechanics is the most important thing, it's the foundation for later.

I agree 100%.

And to treat sparring session like a lab where you try out new experiments. Instead of trying to take the guys head off every time.

Martin, you from Queens NY?

Also I would have kept my right hand glued to my head.

martinburke - 
DKielbasa - Martin, you from Queens NY?

No, but I know a lot of queens...most of them from mma.tv.

I'm from the Third World corner of the US, New Orleans.

HAHA, You the man.