What does a fighter sign for a fight?

When there are MMA reports of "so-and-so signed for this fight", what exactly are they signing? They already know their salaries, bonuses, etc, so what are they signing besides a piece of paper that says x is fighting x? Phone Post 3.0

A contract? Phone Post

Metafour - A contract? Phone Post
Obviously. I'm asking what would be in the contract since they already signed their contract for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

They agree to to fight so and so person on this date for a certain amount of consideration so combat can happen. Phone Post 3.0

not such a MASTER after all...eh?

Vaginal Tear - They agree to to fight so and so person on this date for a certain amount of consideration so combat can happen. Phone Post 3.0

Based on what I've heard/read, it's formal name is a "bout agreement". It would be a contract that states you'd be fighting one of the fights on your previously signed fighter contract (not sure of the exact term but it's the one OP speaks of that says fighter X will fight Y times with Z payscale), against a particular fighter, on a particular date, etc.

voorhees - not such a MASTER after all...eh?
Nice Phone Post 3.0

stickman -
Vaginal Tear - They agree to to fight so and so person on this date for a certain amount of consideration so combat can happen. Phone Post 3.0

Based on what I've heard/read, it's formal name is a "bout agreement". It would be a contract that states you'd be fighting one of the fights on your previously signed fighter contract (not sure of the exact term but it's the one OP speaks of that says fighter X will fight Y times with Z payscale), against a particular fighter, on a particular date, etc.
That's what I figured. Phone Post 3.0

Vtfu lol Phone Post

Rudi -

Vtfu lol Phone Post

Ha ha ha!!

More Grasshopper than Master IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Found a copy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d2512561e45fd2d1d0e9f6ba7a87ef48/tumblr_mmbb53wrqe1s8w9o4o1_500.jpg

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
Rudi -

Vtfu lol Phone Post

Ha ha ha!!

More Grasshopper than Master IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Don't know where to start with this post. Phone Post 3.0

They have to agree when and where. You promise eachother to show up and make a certain weight so the other guy can make money. You agree on the place, like when guys want to fight in Brazil, like Wandy or A.S. It is a big advantage in that case and the guy has to agree to go and fight in another guy's hometown.

Last two posters, thank you for your legit replies. Those are answers I was looking for. Phone Post 3.0