What does ISIS really want?

Really interesting article in The Atlantic about ISIS and its core beliefs. Long read but worth it.

The article suggests that Westerners really don't understand the group very well.

The bad news: they are a lot crazier than we think.

"[The Islamic State's] rise to power is less like the triumph of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt (a group whose leaders the Islamic State considers apostates) than like the realization of a dystopian alternate reality in which David Koresh or Jim Jones survived to wield absolute power over not just a few hundred people, but some 8 million."

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

They want you're head

A global Islamic caliphate.

I think they really want to be dead. You can say what you want, but people who aren't afraid of death are dangerous as fuck

They want women gone and to be able to fuck each other in the ass freely. Where's Matt Serra?

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Are the all in agreement that al Bagdadi is the man? You think there is a chance of in fighting after (if) they consolidate?

In for some educated answers.

Carry on. Phone Post 3.0

FedorFan5000 - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

Are the all in agreement that al Bagdadi is the man? You think there is a chance of in fighting after (if) they consolidate?

It depends on who you're talking about in the sentence 'Are they all. . .'.

Certainly everyone in ISIS/ISIL/IS or as they supposedly HATE to be called Daesh (hence, I will be referring to them as Daesh) is on board with al-Bagdadi as the Caliph.

But Al Queda might have different thoughts on the matter as as any number of other Sunni sects. IIRC, Sunni Islam is the one that desires the worldwide caliphate.

The thing about Daesh is that they are SO brutal and SO militant that they will burn out due to not having the support of the local populations they take over. This is a big opportunity for Shiites and Iran to help increase their influence.

Also, I would not be one bit surprised if the drop in oil price was engineered specifically for them. They were making millions/day by selling black market oil from fields they had captured. The fact that the oil situation is hurting Russia is just a side benefit.

comeonman1 -

They want you're head

They want you are head?

Makes no sense. Phone Post 3.0

They want mecca. The Vatican of the Islamic world. Not good. Phone Post 3.0

They wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha Phone Post 3.0

I dont really give a crap what they want so I did not read the article. Phone Post 3.0

Scythrop- that was a fantastic read. Thank you.

To goad America into a full blown war. They they then hide behind civilians, during warfare civilians are killed by collateral damage. IS posts these "atrocities" on the Internet. The world (Europe) then turns their noses up at America, and get snooty.

End. Phone Post 3.0