What Ever Happened to Doug Marshall?

...I think he was fighting in PFC(?).He was a big deal in the WEC back in the day,what happened?I honestly thought we would see him in at least one UFC fight.

He got beat up by Brian Stann, who isn't very good. That's pretty much what happened.

back in the day the WEC didn't have any real talent at 185, so they promoted the shit out of mediocre fighters like doug marshall.

zuffa had just bought this company and was spending 10x more promoting marshall than a much more talented ufc 185'er.

Anyways he got his ass kicked and the WEC shipped off all their higher weightclasses to the ufc. Marshall wasn't one of those guys , but he did receive a huge push for the short time he was the champ.

...didn't want to come out and say it,but yea he kinda didn't deserve the push to the UFC.I thought maybe he pissed someone off and didn't get the one and done fight.

he had the title at 205, brain stann got to him and the ufc didnt want him after that. since then he's dropped to middleweight and i do believe he just had a fight or is really soon for a title

yep, think he has a PFC title shot coming up.

MMArijuana - yep, think he has a PFC title shot coming up.

Well that probably won't happen.  PFC is gone.

Doh, maybe it wasn't PFC but I know I read he had a title shot coming up. Then again maybe it was PFC.

slaughteringyou - back in the day the WEC didn't have any real talent at 185, so they promoted the shit out of mediocre fighters like doug marshall.

zuffa had just bought this company and was spending 10x more promoting marshall than a much more talented ufc 185'er.

Anyways he got his ass kicked and the WEC shipped off all their higher weightclasses to the ufc. Marshall wasn't one of those guys , but he did receive a huge push for the short time he was the champ.

except he wasn't a 185er then. The guy looked awkward as hell, but was also one of those guys that had a knack for finding a way to win (hence the WEC 205 title). He was undersized for 205, and will probably be much better at 185, with time to round out his skills.

Gutsy brawler, fun to watch, hope to see him back.

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20090813/SPORTS/908130302

Sounds like there might be life left in PFC.

Anyone remember the pre-Zuffa WEC when Doug Marshall lost the HEAVYWEIGHT title to James Irvin after the two beat the shit out of each other?

Yes the PFC is alive and kicking. We are going through some re-structuring and Doug fits into our plans. He is well and fielding offers, I talked to him a few days ago about a potential fight..the PFC is here to stay..shit happens and I have had some shit to figure out..and I am...

Peace

Christian