What ever happened to Jason "Strangebrew" Thacker?

Chaelismyhero - Wow That is sad. They used him. Lot of scumbags in MMA.

Shawn Tompkins and Chris Leben should be ashamed.

Tomkins passed away in 2011 from a heart attack.

Awesome piece. Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Incredible Phone Post 3.0

Goddamn-The UFC should write this guy a check or something-wtf ruined life

Absolutely excellent piece.

I liked Jason Thacker on the show.  I felt badly that they gave him a hard time, and that we haven't seen him again.

Having read that interview, my heart goes out to him.  He unknowingly signed on to sacrifice the quality of his life as a part of the rebirth of this sport.  The man deserves so much more than he has gotten.  

I would say "somebody should do something for him", but that's passing the buck. What can we all do for him?

Someone should start a donation thread -seriously. I don't know how to do that kind of internet shit, but it SHOULD be done- It's like saving a life-or maybe 3 considering his family is a mess too

. Phone Post 3.0

Steve4192 -

Probably the best piece of MMA journalism I have ever read.  What a sad & depressing story.  I hope Thacker finds some peace in his life. 

This. Also Rich is the man for reaching out. Phone Post 3.0

somebody get this guy on the UG

Wow, fantastic article. I hope someone at the UFC reads this and reaches out to the poor guy. They really put him through the grinder. At least he got a chance to punch Dana in the face.

Awww Fuck Phone Post 3.0

really good stuff

Wow great piece. Phone Post 3.0

That's some great writing.

Dana got in the ring with him. Thats pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0

A little more training and this guy KO's Dana, then Leben, then fights Anderson!!!!!!

Holy fuck that would be plot a twist!

Good article.

Felt so bad for Thacker back then :(

Was never embarrassed by him as a Canadian.

Fuck the losers that took out their jealousy on him.

No happy endings here. Really sucks how it all went for him.

Hoger stole more shit than they let Thacker have. Can't believe after all that show did to his life he wound up with a like $4,000 and a hat.

If Silva and UFC have been trying to get in touch, it should be to cut the guy a cheque for him and his family, not get a meaningless HOF induction for being part of that cast.

Best wishes to Jason! Hope things can become better for him. Phone Post 3.0

Thacker vs CM Punk!!! Phone Post 3.0

What an amazing, sad, crazy story.

Just unbelievable Phone Post 3.0

This reminds me of the Fred Ettish saga with events being viewed better thanks to the lens of time and the assistance fullsome facts.

Someone should mail this man a copy of all the positive comments flowing from the MMA community showing that his legacy in the sport is far more positive than what was expressed to him at the time. Phone Post 3.0

ErikMagraken - This reminds me of the Fred Ettish saga with events being viewed better thanks to the lens of time and the assistance fullsome facts.

Someone should mail this man a copy of all the positive comments flowing from the MMA community showing that his legacy in the sport is far more positive than what was expressed to him at the time. Phone Post 3.0

I was about to post the same thing.  I know Fred used to post here, I'd love to see someone set something up where those two can talk.  If anyone can relate to what Jason went through, it's Fred.