What ever happened to...

Brian Johnston.

He fought Coleman back in UFC 11 or 12. Guy was physically a monster. Won some fights, lost some. But seemed like a pretty cool guy.

He was doing some wrestling in Japan, and later married a pretty Hawaiian woman. 3 weeks later, he had an acute stroke due to being headcranked during training.

His wife kept up a website for about 2 years faithfully, then gave up and moved on. The site is down now.

He was making a living doing PAIN INC promos to make money, but kind of slid off the map. He still lives in San Jose, CA. evidently, where there are tons of fighters. I wonder if any of them have been in touch with him. I know his health was really bad for awhile and that he appeared to be a shell of his former self (250 lbs to 170 lbs). Is anybody checking in on the guy?

Just concerned.

There was a thread about this sometime back, that had an update on him. But I can't remember for the life of me what it said.

^He was reincarnated into Jason Guida, and Sean casted a hex on him so he couldn't make weight.

Damn U Sean, damn U.

Thanks Sean. I looked up the thread, and there wasn't much info on it. Just stated that he had a gym for awhile, and now might bring students to AKA or something. And also, his family is taking care of him or something?

Just wanted to know. I kept up on his website (maintained by his wife) for a long time, and even emailed them. It was a pretty tragic story.

They got married in this perfect wedding in Hawaii. 3 weeks later he has a stroke, and is sedentary for around 2 years. His wife tried to take care of him, but in the long run, she moved on.

Let's try not to forget our fallen gladiators.

Anyone that has any info on Brian, please let us know.

Immaculata - ^He was reincarnated into Jason Guida, and Sean casted a hex on him so he couldn't make weight.

Damn U Sean, damn U.

That was what the thread said. Now I remember. By the way, is "casted" the correct past tense of "cast"? It might very well be, but it just doesn't seem right.

TTT on any info

Guess nobody knows.

ttt