what evidence convinced u to believe in a creator?

The current thread has kind of got out of control but I was enjoying the discussion. I will state I am an agnostic who leans toward atheism. I believe there are intelligent people who believe in a creator. Personally I would love to believe someone is watching over us or that there is a cool afterlife; I just can't believe without evidence. I can't just leave it to "faith" and will never be able to. So, what evidence convinced you to believe in a creator? Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Vic Vinegar - Phone Post 3.0

Even though I'm sure that guy is a douche, that's a fuckign stupid caption 

Zero evidence. 

Magnets. Phone Post 3.0

Dont believe so none?
Would be nice if there was, least for afterlife purposes.

I was a Christian.
I believed there was a good because of existence. Further, since I existed God must care about me.
Later, I determined this reasoning was insufficient. Phone Post 3.0

sadly there is no proof or logical reasoning for believing in an afterlife. as awesome as that would be. Its just designed to try and keep people in line.

Although I am agnostic with Buddhist beliefs I would say mathematics and specifically the golden ratio appearing in the stars, to leaves, to even human dna is pretty fascinating. If everything was completely random and chaotic of it's a little odd that math is so definitive and the golden ratio is a constant.

Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Phone Post 3.0
^^^ I believe Phone Post 3.0

Grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic Elementary and middle school.

Then I grew up and realized that none of that stuff makes any sense at all. Religion has caused terrible, awful things throughout history. Can't support it. No evidence.

I definitely dislike how if you tell someone you're not Christian they just assume atheist. I don't think I'm an atheist. Idk what I am. Fuck it. Phone Post 3.0

^^^^thiswutimsayin Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

NCar - Although I am agnostic with Buddhist beliefs I would say mathematics and specifically the golden ratio appearing in the stars, to leaves, to even human dna is pretty fascinating. If everything was completely random and chaotic of it's a little odd that math is so definitive and the golden ratio is a constant.
It's more that logarithmic functions are everywhere than the specific golden ratio being everywhere but I get your point, I think. There is beauty in the symmetry between enormous and tiny, inanimate and life. Phone Post 3.0

peakes - 
NCar - Although I am agnostic with Buddhist beliefs I would say mathematics and specifically the golden ratio appearing in the stars, to leaves, to even human dna is pretty fascinating. If everything was completely random and chaotic of it's a little odd that math is so definitive and the golden ratio is a constant.
It's more that logarithmic functions are everywhere than the specific golden ratio being everywhere but I get your point, I think. There is beauty in the symmetry between enormous and tiny, inanimate and life. Phone Post 3.0

You definitely understand what I said better than me and that's awesome!

My parents told me it was true, plus they have this book, and the book says "this book is the real deal".

So its pretty rock solid.

For me personally, for lack of a better description, I saw Jesus sort of take over my wife's face at a time when she was really weak and unwell. It was like her face kind of just blanked out and glowed and emanated love. It really kind of rattled me. So then I started to pray and the more I prayed, the more things started to fall in line, and eventually I was kind of stuck knowing I needed to go back to the church. After I got back to the church, I did have a sort of funny prayer experience. I had decided that as part of conversion I wanted to be open to life, so I got a vasectomy reversal, so I did, and the recovery is much worse than for a vasectomy, so about 2 days later, my balls started hurting so bad that I was sure I must have ruptured one of the tubes. It was getting worse, not better, and I was on the verge of going to the hospital when I realized I hadn't prayed to ask for help. By the end of my first Hail Mary, the pain vanished completely and never came back. Since then, I've had enough weird stuff happen with relation to prayer, not all of it fun or good, that I have no basis on which to doubt God. But all my experiences are subjective. They work for me, and I am a logical person, but it's still subjective and anyone who chose to do so could come up with alternate explanations if they wanted to.

From the objective side, there are relatively few confirmed miracles, but Fatima (the Miracle of the Sun and other related downstream prophesies that came true) is one, and there is really nothing out there that effectively debunks it.

MrFluffyHippo - Magnets. Phone Post 3.0

How do they work?