What generation had the best childhood..

I was born in 87 so Im a 90s kid and will go ahead and vote 90s. Great TV, crazes/fads and toys and the start of the internet. Of course I'm biased. So objectively what generation had the best era to grow up in?

50s/60s might of had more freedom but also were ass backwards in a lot of things

On the other end

Kids today I think are absorbed in the internet from too young of an age, and that's got to have negative effects with the stuff that's on there, plus they don't seem to play outside as much (patents afraid to let them out and would rather them be babysit by the ipad/tv/lap top)

That's why i vote 90s we had the start of the internet but it hasn't taken over leaving imagination to still run wild and outdoors fun was still an occurrence.

What do you think? Or will this be a "wherever era i was a kid" was the best because of nostalgia? Phone Post 3.0

TSMontana - I'm a child of the '80's, but, in Westernized countries, I gotta think late '60's-early '70's kid had the best of the traditional and progressive culture.
Pretty good point Phone Post 3.0

JustPeed -
TSMontana - I'm a child of the '80's, but, in Westernized countries, I gotta think late '60's-early '70's kid had the best of the traditional and progressive culture.
Pretty good point Phone Post 3.0
Regarding best of traditional/progressive although there still was a lot of ass backwardness... But atty the same time a lot more freedom Phone Post 3.0

Who knows for sure cause you can only have one child hood. I'm going to say kids that grew up in the late 69's and 70's. Drugs, sex with out worrying bout AIDS. Then again as adults they saw AIDS at its worst. Depends on what you mean by grown up in too. Like I was born in 79 but I feel more like a 90's kid cause I was 11-21 in the 90's that really felt like when I grew up Phone Post 3.0

letsgobois - The dirty 30's, nothing beats growing up so damn poor everyones dirty. Then to top that off when you grew up a bit, bam a World War! Sounds like a good time to me.
30s had to be the worst of the 1900s Phone Post 3.0

I was 9 in 1980. Of course I'm biased to that era but it was a really good time to be a kid. We had the best of the old world ie: simple life, lots of outside play and the beginnings of the new world ie: electronic games, video games cable, computers.

Kroger39 - I was 9 in 1980. Of course I'm biased to that era but it was a really good time to be a kid. We had the best of the old world ie: simple life, lots of outside play and the beginnings of the new world ie: electronic games, video games cable, computers.

I am the same age.

It was a pretty cool time to be a kid.

effinggoof - 
Kroger39 - I was 9 in 1980. Of course I'm biased to that era but it was a really good time to be a kid. We had the best of the old world ie: simple life, lots of outside play and the beginnings of the new world ie: electronic games, video games cable, computers.

I am the same age.

Indeed

zetti - 

Me and Kroger could be twins, because he decribed what I would of posted perfectly.

Excellent

Kroger39 - I was 9 in 1980. Of course I'm biased to that era but it was a really good time to be a kid. We had the best of the old world ie: simple life, lots of outside play and the beginnings of the new world ie: electronic games, video games cable, computers.
Yes sir. Simple life from the old world but the new world and new things were upon us. Well put. The 80s was a great decade to be a kid Phone Post 3.0

growing up in the 60's would have been amazing. Not so much for the toys, but the CARS!!!!

beefy696969 - growing up in the 60's would have been amazing. Not so much for the toys, but the CARS!!!!
I dunno, the toy gun from 50s and 60s thread made it look like they had some cool toys. That 7 in 1 one man army gun was sweet Phone Post 3.0

Fighting - 

Late 80s, early 90s of all time.

Video Games, Insane Music Scene, girls Still Had Hairy Pussies, Economy was skyrocketing, cold war was ending, incredible sports of the time, fashion, shit was great. 

It really was a good time to grow up.

90s for sure. I was born in 87 & I truly believe the people of my generation came out the best. We are he last of the good generations. We had a littlebit of the old & a little bit of the new. The memories of the 90s will be with me forever.

I feel bad for he new generation of kids. They will have no great memories to keep with them later on & they're growing up in a world that has lost that human connection & real life exposure. Phone Post 3.0

Purpose - 90s for sure. I was born in 87 & I truly believe the people of my generation came out the best. We are he last of the good generations. We had a littlebit of the old & a little bit of the new. The memories of the 90s will be with me forever.

I feel bad for he new generation of kids. They will have no great memories to keep with them later on & they're growing up in a world that has lost that human connection & real life exposure. Phone Post 3.0
This. I would give anything to be a kid again. Phone Post 3.0

Honestly, I think it was me and my generation, I was born in '81. We can operate rotary and smart phones. My generation knows what it's like to use dial up Internet and mastered the smart phone.

You can disagree with me all you want. The facts are what they are. I've used a brief case cellphone because that was the best we could do. I Phone Post 3.0

80's and 90's for sure. Born in 87' too! Just enough balance between real life and media. We had friends, we played outside everyday, we rode bikes, we lived. We also had AOL lol. Video games were fun. Life was great coming up as a 90's kid. These new kids are glued to Ipads and controlled by media. Sad state of society nowadays. Best years of life passing away byte by byte. Phone Post 3.0

'82. GOAT level right there, none of this Power Rangers or Dragon Ballz pussy shit.

effinggoof -

I am the same age.

I was 10 and I agree Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts - 80's and 90's for sure. Born in 87' too! Just enough balance between real life and media. We had friends, we played outside everyday, we rode bikes, we lived. We also had AOL lol. Video games were fun. Life was great coming up as a 90's kid. These new kids are glued to Ipads and controlled by media. Sad state of society nowadays. Best years of life passing away byte by byte. Phone Post 3.0
In 87 I was done with high school and a blue collar joe.
There wasn't much awesome about it, honestly. The world was beginning to come apart at the seams.
Unemployment was high, the cost if the cold war was coming due. AIDS, crack, gangs, racial tension. Lotta folks with not much to lose. Government barely even bothering to put out plausible lies any more.

But you guys did have better video games and the beginning of the greatest comics period ever.

It might have been a better time to be a kid than a young adult, it was fucking ugly out there for alot of us, despite what 80s reruns tell you. Phone Post 3.0