What Happened to Friendly's??

What Happened to Friendly's??. I didn't go there that much but I remember them being around since the 1970's with bread instead of buns on their burgers. 5 locations just closed in Upstate NY. What about your area?

There's one or two still around here holding on.  I like their food personally.  And their Fribbles! 

Where the fuck is Elby's, now that's the question. A staple of my childhood and they had one in every town. 

I have seen three stores, one around the corner from me just close. One in the mall and one in the suburbs from here. I can't imagine they all performed that badly?

According to wiki, they went through bankruptcy in 2011 and over the next couple of years had to close about 100 stores.

They developed a reputation for having terrible service. It's hard to come back from that. Phone Post 3.0

Yep notoriously bad service. Took forever for them to come around and take your order. Took forever to actually give you your food. They gave you the check right after the food was served - motherfucker, I want ice cream after my meal! Why else would I be eating at fucking Friendly's?!

ahh memories of the Jim Dandy Sundae and banana royal and the reeses pieces sundaes.

5 scoops of ice cream, would eat there after wrestling tourneys.

Seems like it is a common problem in restaurants now that are not high end.

disbeliever - Their service fucking sucks that's what happened. I too have fond memories of going there as a kid. My children like the food, but their service at any location I've been to in recent time, is horrible, and they run out of everything. I took them a few weeks ago for straight A's, and they were out of bananas for a sundae.

This. I always liked the food, but the service in everyone, literally, everyone sucks. I dont care how good the food/sundaes are, repeated poor service is a restuarant killer.

I went to one when I was in South Carolina last year and the employees were all assholes.

The reason for the recent closings is that a parent company with about a dozen Friendly's stores in the Northeast went bankrupt, so they closed the doors overnight.

The bad service is due in large part to the fact that the food in Friendly's was made to order, so it felt like a fast-food place, but it wasn't.

Best honey mustard I've ever had. Phone Post 3.0

It's too bad as they always were service oriented back in the day.

Was one here in west palm. Dont know if it's still open.

Minimally they should sell their ice cream at supermarkets. Seems to be the only profitable part of the business.

I for one miss the butter crunch ice cream. Phone Post 3.0

still have a couple friendly's by me in jersey

ive known 3 diff people who worked at 3 diff friendly's as teenagers

every one of them had stories of hooking up with each other in the freezer

It should be illegal that the 5 scoop sundae scooper is a smaller scooper than the 3 scoop sundae scooper. Phone Post 3.0

Scooper Phone Post 3.0

Marion Cobretti - Was one here in west palm. Dont know if it's still open.

Minimally they should sell their ice cream at supermarkets. Seems to be the only profitable part of the business.

I for one miss the butter crunch ice cream. Phone Post 3.0
In the north east they sell their ice cream in supermarkets Phone Post 3.0

My first time in Orlando as a kid, stayed next to Friendlys and ate breakfast there every day. Loved it. Phone Post 3.0

There's still a lot in South Jersey. Every town I've lived in the Friendly's has been a 5 minute drive at most.