What happened to Mark Miller v. Deray Davis?

this is complete bullshit

i feel bad for these guys

This thread would be 47 pages long already if the UFC had done this.

Definitely puts a damper on an otherwise great event.

Really considering both guys did what they needed to do (ie make weight, show up, and willing to fight as per contract), the right thing to do would have been to give both guys their show and win $$$, plus a couple of extra K to cover their fuming mad sponsors and anoter K to cover family/friends who bought tix. After everything was said and done, I doubt the damage would have come to more than 20K.

As a HUGE strikeforce fan, the people who are saying this would never happen in the UFC are 1000 % correct.

I dont think it would do much, but I checked their site to see about phoning in a complaint on this. Unfortunately they only have a general email us type thing, but I will be sendiing a message tomorrow stating that its unacceptable to treat fighters like this and I would appreciate a response.

You can do the same: http://www.strikeforce.com/contact.html

Like I said, it may not do much, but take 2 minutes and try and help a couple guys out.

Maldini2706 - This thread would be 47 pages long already if the UFC had done this.

True. Kids think they are cool with their UFC sucks, fuck you Dana and LOLs. It's not trendy to hate StrikeForce and Coker yet.

Bad job by Strikeforce. They need to make it right with those guys and give them some extra cash to cover what they're out.

Turning your back to your opponent in that situation is the universal sign for "No Mas".

He should thank Big John for saving his health.

Illinois doesn't release fighter salaries, so we won't know exactly how much they were (potentially) screwed on the win bonus, but there is no way Strikeforce would be seriously hurt if they paid both.

TopChute - Turning your back to your opponent in that situation is the universal sign for "No Mas".

He should thank Big John for saving his health.
LOL.  What?

Someone in the know post contact information for any and all Strikeforce execs so the UG can massively spam the shit out of them for this outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UG unite!!!!!

http://www.strikeforce.com/contact.html

Losing mony from the win bonus and sponsorships is one thing, but i think letting down your family and friends is alot worse. The family should have atleast gotten their money back or something.

The Mouth -  http://www.strikeforce.com/contact.html

not exactly what I was looking for, but Complaint sent nonetheless. Anyone have some personal emails in particular? This will likely go to a computer dork and be deleted without effect.

I just sent them the following. I doubt I will get any response, but this isn't right so it was worth a try.

"Good day.

I am a big fan of your promotion and wanted to say how impressed I was with your event Saturday night.
I purchased the Carano vs Cyborg event as well (we do not get Showtime in Canada) and will most likely be tuning in to any future events your organization holds.

On another note, it seems like the fight between Mark Miller and Deray Davis that was scheduled for Saturday night did not happen.

I understand that sometimes production and time constraints may occur so although disappointing, it wouldn't be the first time.

What I do not understand is why both fighters apparently were not paid their respective win bonuses when the cancellation of their fight had absolutely nothing to do with them. To my understanding, both fighters only received their "show" money.

They trained, made weight, and showed up ready to fight. By all indications, as both are local guys, they had many family and friends at the event. None of those tickets were comped so now, both fighters are out potential win bonuses and their friends and family did not even get a chance to see them fight.
As well, it seems one of the fighters lost all of his sponsor money due to this situation.

I do not know either of these 2 fighters and am not related to either. I am "just" a fan.

If what I stated above is accurate though, I am asking you to reconsider and provide some additional monetary compensation to both guys.

As I said, they did what they needed to do and through no fault of their own, did not get a chance to fight for a much needed bonus.

Your organization is in a unique position to gain a lot of momentum within the MMA industry and be competitive with the UFC.
Please do not to tarnish that and get labeled as a company that doesn't treat their employees/fighters well over a few thousand dollars.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Chris"

Hopefully something can come out of it.

Nicely done Chris. I'll be sending them an email too. I doubt they will do anything and they will still remain the UG darling.

epwar - Nicely done Chris. I'll be sending them an email too. I doubt they will do anything and they will still remain the UG darling.
Well I love Strikeforce and its great watching Fedor, Mousasi, Shield, and Mayhem. Plus they have females bouts which is cool too. But what they did is unacceptable and as much as I like them, they need to be called on it!

Maldini2706 - This thread would be 47 pages long already if the UFC had done this.
xcouturefan - 

ttt

ttt......pretty damn shitty thing to do by strikeforce

Kneeblock -  Effed up