What Happened To Travis Brown?

trav broke his ankle kicking bb

watahhh -

I know I know I know I know I know..... Edmond right?

Could it really be that simple though? I just can't believe someone with as much potential as Travis fucking Brown had in his prime knocking high level guys out like they were amatuers and highlight after highlight... He was easily the scariest guy in the HW division for a long time.

He was the next big thing and no one could deny it.

Where did it go wrong and why? Feel free to argue it was edmond but I would actually like to discuss it rationally and not just scream about edmond being a shit cunt the whole time. I get it edmond sucks and is a dick.

Could he really be the sole reason the best prospect in HW for a decade lost everything that made him so good? I just can't fathom that....

Edmond duhh

Less to do with Edmond and more to do with leaving Jackson

Sad how little the understanding of MMA is by some of these "Elite UFC" fighters.

How the fuck do you go to a boxin gym and train MMA?

Ronda did not start at GFC. In fact she started off from an MMA gym in North Hollywood called Hayastan MMA. I know ive said this a million times but people forget her roots. The gym is litteraly down the street from me right now. Gokor and Gene teach it. They also have a boxing coach from Britain that has a very solid understanding of converting boxing into MMA (dont know if hes still there).

People havnt learned from AA going to train at Roaches full time?

Well I think becoming a big fish in a small pond is exactly what happens to most of these guys. Going to train at these bigger gym -usually- comes with the huge benefit of training with others at your skill level on a more regular basis.

Acidic -

Sad how little the understanding of MMA is by some of these "Elite UFC" fighters.

How the fuck do you go to a boxin gym and train MMA?

Ronda did not start at GFC. In fact she started off from an MMA gym in North Hollywood called Hayastan MMA. I know ive said this a million times but people forget her roots. The gym is litteraly down the street from me right now. Gokor and Gene teach it. They also have a boxing coach from Britain that has a very solid understanding of converting boxing into MMA (dont know if hes still there).

People havnt learned from AA going to train at Roaches full time?

I would love to train under Gokor. Edmund? Not so much.

CRE - I thought Browne looked good tonight. Maybe more killer instinct when he had Lewis hurt multiple times, but he didn't want to be too wild probably.

HW is more of a dice roll than other divisions and Lewis was the better man tonight. Shitty stoppage, but memorable fun fights like that are what we want as fans so it's difficult to knock the guy. Travis is regularly in exciting back n forth brawls.

Browne has won 7 bonuses. 2 FOTN, 4 KOTN, 1 SOTN

He has had a strong career for a Heavyweight.
Brown looked 10x better than the Edmund version.

He basically just got a new operating system installed. And he knows how to work a PC, he's just not as fluid yet. Hopefully they can but some useful software on that mother fucker.

He needs to go back to the bouncing style

You guys are over complicating it. Listen...some people are just...dumb. He is one of those people. He's a good fighter, but he is dumb as rocks. Take a look at all the decisions he has made. Look at his crazy ex-wife. Look at him leave Jacksons MMA, arguably one of the best MMA gyms, to go to Edmonds. Look at him shack up with Ronda, sure, financially a great move, but imagine having to live with this person. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFXyDC1TAM

You are only going to get so high in this sport if you don't have the ability to make good decisions. He doesn't.

Dugs95 -

Ronda?

Came to say this.

If it works, don't try to fix it. And that's exactly what Browne tried to do by leaving jacksons. 

yabadaba -

Edmond

/thread

Jump Kick -

How is his record pre and post usada?

How is his record pre and post Rhonda?

chepo77 -
Jump Kick -

How is his record pre and post usada?

How is his record pre and post Rhonda?

I think he was already going down before he met Ronda. 

Million dollar athletecism, ten cent decision making. 

Travis is good at being tall and athletic. That's enough to win in the UFC HW division (See Mitrione and Schaub). He strikes well enough, has a solid kicking game, and good power. 

The Bigfoot fight was everthing that's wrong with Browne. That should have been the fight that got him a title shot. So, what does he do? Throws some kind of Street Fighter spinning kick, tears his hamstring, and gets the shit knocked out of him by Bigfoot who was the lamb being led to slaughter. 

The UFC saw potential in Browne and wanted to push him to the elite level. He was physically prepared, but his MMA instincts, or lack of a gameplan, or awful gamplans, are what did him in.

He should have been better.

Browne looked like his last training camp was at a shitty Taekwondo dojo just kicks and shit punching technique. 

yabadaba -

^ Good post. Edmund may have taught him something about boxing but he seemed to take away the best parts of Browne's game. I though he looked good against Lewis early on.

Exactly.

How does a fighter that is 6'8" not have a jab? The body kicks were keeping Lewis at bay for a while, but they get tiring after a while. Why doesn't he mix his kicks with a jab? The quicker that these fighters realize that they all need, at least, a decent jab that is good for measuring distance, the better.

I wonder if the UFC would dare cross Ronda in letting him go?