What Happens if Hunt KOs Silva?

Right now most people aren't giving Hunt much of a chance against Silva. Even though I mainly agree that Silva will probably win (by sub), I have to admit that there is a substantial chance that Hunt will pull off the upset, as this is a bad fight, stylistically, for Silva (Hunt is a much larger, better striker with improving take down defense).

So what happens if Hunt wins? Does it affect the middle weight championship at all? I know that Hunt is a heavy, but if the Silva gets beat down, it could be grim for the middle weight title.

What are your thoughts?

Considering that Mark Hunt weighs about 270 lbs, I don't think it would be all that big of a deal.

If Hunt does KO Silva you'll have plenty of teenagers coming on here saying that Silva was never that good and that he had a glass jaw all along and he never fought a good striker before and was finally exposed....

If Hunt weighs about 270 (I believe he prolly does), what is the point of this fight?

Big difference when a guy weighing close to 270lbs hitting your jaw vs 205lbs

Mark can hit hard, not a bad boxer also.

It could happen. Silva has been hurt, dropped, stopped before. But I think he will destroy Hunt.

personally I don't like this fight, in the fact that pride is putting their middleweight champion against a green heavyweight...and if silva gets beat, what's the point

"The point is, Silva has titanium balls!"

Cant argue with that.

Hunt has big balls, taking a fight with Silva on 5 days notice without even training for a fight. At least Silva had been preparing for a fight.

I am gona back Hunt to KO Silva in the first round.

Then Hunt would be declared the winner and everyone would make excuses for Silva.  Then Silva will win his next fight and everything will go back to the way it was. 

It's that simple.

Both have enough power to knock each other out. So it will come down to speed, aggression, and conditioning. Silva has all of these over Hunt, plus Jiu Jitsu.

Both have the puncher's chance to end it unexpectedly, but if Hunt can stay up and has a plan to avoid the knees, he may be able to take it long enough for Silva to get tired. Both will be tired by then, but at least Hunt will have his weight advantage.

"Right now most people aren't giving Hunt much of a chance against Silva."

Whenever a big fight comes up, you get plenty of "LOL at X having a chance against Y" posts, and the reverse of that. Each of them pretends they are in the minority so that if their fighter wins, they look like they made a bold pick against the odds. The reality is that there are plenty of people on both sides, and no one knows what's going to happen. Of course Silva is slightly favored, as that is the least that should be afforded any champion. Hunt isn't some foot-dragging golem hauled out of a dungeon laboratory. He has skills to go with that size and therefore anyone not blatantly biased toward Silva admits he's got better than a slim chance. The two factors against him are the ground game and his lack of preparation for this fight.

"Both have enough power to knock each other out"

Wrong. Hunt has eaten shots from harder strikers than Silva and been fine. Silva will not win this one standing up, he is going to use his highly underrated ground game to gain victory.

the more you think about it the more insane this matchup sounds

"If Hunt weighs about 270 (I believe he prolly does), what is the point of this fight? "

The point is that Silva wants to fight and Hunt will give Silva a fight. It will also be one hell of an exciting matchup for the fans...

"Both have enough power to knock each other out"

"Wrong. Hunt has eaten shots from harder strikers than Silva and been fine. Silva will not win this one standing up, he is going to use his highly underrated ground game to gain victory."

He said nothing about Silva keeping it standing. Silva doesn´t need standup to KO people. Just ask Kondo...

A clear victory for judo over bjj, imo.

If Hunt does KO Silva you'll have plenty of teenagers coming on here saying that SIlva was never that good and that eh had a glass jaw all along and he never fought a good striker before and was finally exposed.... '

The thread ended with this correctness.

"Wrong. Hunt has eaten shots from harder strikers than Silva and been fine."

Are you talking about harder strikers with K1 gloves, or Pride gloves? Either way I agree Hunt has a great beard, but we are talking about kicks, knees, and soccer kicks too.

It may come down to Hunt's G&P vs Silva's guard and abiltiy to take the back.

Gonna be good.

Silva walks around probably around 220-230, so fighting somebody at 270 (which most likely Hunt isn't now btw, more like 250...K-1 puffs up the weights of everybody when it makes the fights more dramatic...I don't think Bob Sapp was ever 400 lbs.), IMO, is his way of making up for fighting guys that were giving up that much weight to him, and I applad him for it. The guy has balls for stepping up and taking this fight.