What happens when Biden/Harris ban fracking?

Hundreds of thousands of jobs will be lost. 41% of our oil/gas come from Texas. 

What happens when oil/gas stops? 

im trying to understand what we need to expect under this new administration.

It actually seems impossible and I feel like cities are gonna turn out to look like the outer skirt city of Biff’s hotel from

Back to the future, lol

Everyone has to learn how to code. 

4 Likes

The left will ignore it. Biden and team lied repeatedly. 

1 Like

Texas will secede

1 Like

They’re only banning it on federal land. It’s a huge chunk (about 1/3rd of total production) but it’s not a complete ban.

War in the Middle East  

1 Like

Well I don't believe they can do a blanket ban.

AFAIK only bans on federal lands ( which would include oil too offshore )

That will still effect a lot of people.

Not like 100 or so but a 1000s along with towns. Some small towns i would imagine in those areas are a good chunk of people in that business in the first place.

You would get an influx of unemployement that would put more strain on a state. Not to mention the loss of money coming from the industry itself that funds local and state governments in said states.

You would see a huge increase in utility costs & at the pumps.

It wouldnt be local either, US pretty much became energy independent with fracking and the lax on regulations. This would be felt globaly. The US became one of the biggest exporters of oil and natural gas.

So yea this would fuk everything up if, hypothetically, a blanket ban was enacted

It’s mostly going to fuck the western states (the vast majority of federal land is west of the Mississippi) and states bordering the Gulf of Mexico.

Steve4192 - They're only banning it on federal land. It's a huge chunk (about 1/3rd of total production) but it's not a complete ban.

is it a ban or a refusal to grant new leases

so more of a gradual tapering off

rekt -
Steve4192 - They're only banning it on federal land. It's a huge chunk (about 1/3rd of total production) but it's not a complete ban.

is it a ban or a refusal to grant new leases

so more of a gradual tapering off

Both. They are going to refuse new leases for federal land for fracking. I think at some point they will apply it to offshore drilling too.

Now what I can’t figure out is the current leases, when do they expire? Will they ban the renewal those leases?

This is basically when it becomes a ban.

invest in oil now.

Majority of liberals welcome this kind of ban and also welcome anything that will increase the cost of gas, etc., even if it affects the pocketbooks of lower income families.  They think it’s a worthwhile sacrifice all people should make and it’s for a greater good, moreso than income inequity.  Not that they can’t find ways in their heads to provide relief to those lower income families with more spending and giveaways.

1 Like
Steve4192 - They're only banning it on federal land. It's a huge chunk (about 1/3rd of total production) but it's not a complete ban.

I don’t know if this is true. He stated, on video, that it was on federal lands but also that it would be a blanket ban on fracking.