What happens when Melvin Guillard meets Nick Newel

Does he hold back? Or will he be the ruthless assassin that we know and love? This fight could happen they're both signed to the WSOF Lightweight Div. Or does Newell Submit him? Phone Post 3.0

Nick will submit him. Doesn't have to take him down. His standing guillotine is nasty. Phone Post 3.0

Melvin would go in over confident and Nick will sub him. It's a huge step up in competition but you can't sleep Nick. Phone Post

thesonsofmontana - Melvin would go in over confident and Nick will sub him. It's a huge step up in competition but you can't sleep Nick. Phone Post
I could see this happening, Melvin going in over confident then getting caught Phone Post 3.0

I like newel and think he is an inspiration but people need to start being realistic about him.

Guillard would hurt him bad.

Guillard.

Headkick or right hook KO

vagabond - I like newel and think he is an inspiration but people need to start being realistic about him.

Newell is awesome. He has stood up to the test of time. Still winning. Amazing story, want him to continue to roll forward.

Nick deserves the chance to go against a name like melvin. Hope this fight happens. I understand the doubt, but nick deserves a fight like this. Phone Post 3.0

vagabond - I like newel and think he is an inspiration but people need to start being realistic about him.

. Phone Post 3.0

Is this hypothetical or is this scheduled? Phone Post 3.0

Newell's one of the nastiest grapplers I've ever met. He subs Melvin in the first round Phone Post 3.0

TheDeadlyRhythm -
thesonsofmontana - Melvin would go in over confident and Nick will sub him. It's a huge step up in competition but you can't sleep Nick. Phone Post
I could see this happening, Melvin going in over confident then getting caught Phone Post 3.0
That's what I would think happens. Somehow Nick has proven you don't need two arms in MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Newell is getting his ass handed to him through his throat.

Melvin via Straight Gangster Right Straight. Phone Post 3.0

This is after his failed title bid. Phone Post 3.0

forever anonymous - I honestly odn't see how melvin would lose this one

Loss

29–10–2 (1)

Jim Miller

Submission (rear naked choke)

UFC on FX: Guillard vs. Miller

January 20, 2012

2:04

Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Loss

29–9–2 (1)

Joe Lauzon

Submission (rear naked choke)

UFC 136

October 8, 2011

0:47

Houston, Texas, United States

vagabond - I like newel and think he is an inspiration but people need to start being realistic about him.

I tried that, he's 4-0 since.. Also whats realistic to assume of him? Kind of an asshole thing to say Phone Post 3.0

What people don't realize is that unless you train with Nick (ALOT) he brings certain problems to a match. EVERYONE he trains with has two arms, and probably NO ONE that others train with are like Nick. His short arm is a help and a hinderance.

Evil pickle - Is this hypothetical or is this scheduled? Phone Post 3.0
Nah, Newell is going to fight Gaethje for the title, and JZ is taking on Guillard.

As for the hypothetical, Melvin is of course dangerous for the usual reasons, but he always finds a way to lose against a motivated, capable opponent. Newell is motivated and on the upswing of his career. Phone Post 3.0

ShoreBreaker420 - 

I tried that, he's 4-0 since.. Also whats realistic to assume of him? Kind of an asshole thing to say Phone Post 3.0

He's 4-0 against who? No one close to guilards level.

Its absolutley not an asshole thing to say.

You can't act like he is a hero because of how well he's done in spite of his disability and then pretend he doesn't have one.

As much as I appreciate Newell's accomplishments I don't think he beats Melvin. Phone Post 3.0