What I dont get about civil war. Spoilers

I actually really liked the movie. Ive also read the comics. I agree about spider man Nd black panther, I enjoyed them. BP calmly and casually walking away saying "ill just kill him myself" u knew right there he was going to be a bad dude. And I was busting up at spidey when he was all "u have the right to remain silent". But heres where spidermans role doesnt make sense. He states to tony he does what he does to look out for the little guy. And he cant have aunt may know hes spidey so obviously he wants his identity secret witch has always been a big part of who he is. So why join tonys side whos opposite of everything he wants. If he signs he cant look out for the little guy and his identity will be known. Spidey should have been on caps side I feel like their ideals match more. Tonys side should have had ant man. Since thats kind of how it was In the comics. Plus I read iron man will be in the new spidey movie sort of a mentor. Thats story line doesnt make sense. The sokovia achords will be in effect timeline wise. So in order for tony to be a mentor spidey would have to sign, let his identity be known and not be able to help the little guy and have to be told by the government when he can help. Because if he acts on his own like spidey does, tony will have to arrest him. Is he was on caps side cap could be the mentor who like I said I think fits spidermans ideals better anyway

Where in the movie do they say that identities have to be public? Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was implied. They want them regulated and held accountable. How do u do that and not know who they are. 

The movie does not imply that secret identities must be revealed. That is a hang up carried over by people who have read the comics or at least the wiki entries about comic Civil War.

The Sokovia Accords in the MCU aren't even about the totality of supers in the MCU, but rather about the Avengers and who controls their actions.

Also on this issue, I must say Marvel made the right decision in the MCU moving away from secret identities, because those might have worked when many old timey heroes were created in the 40s, 50s and 60s but not today in the era of information, and even less in a superpowered world like the MCU.

But if it wasnt ment for all heros why would someone like hawk eye have to sign. In the movie they asked if he signed and they said no hes retired. Was he technically an avenger. I thought he was a shield agent that worked with the avengers. And the law would have had nothing to do with someone like ant man. He wasnt an avenger. So he just joined a fight he had no dog in and got locked up for nothing. And maybe not publicly but the government would want to know yhe aecret identities dont u think. Its not like thwy sign with aliasis.

Is caps identity known or only to the government. Do the public know who he is. Because he can throw on shades and a hat and blend in pretty well. And if everyone knows who he is why keep wearing a mask

Cap's identity was known because they talked about it in the display at the Smithsonian in Winter Soldier.

amack10 -

But if it wasnt ment for all heros why would someone like hawk eye have to sign. In the movie they asked if he signed and they said no hes retired. Was he technically an avenger. I thought he was a shield agent that worked with the avengers. And the law would have had nothing to do with someone like ant man. He wasnt an avenger. So he just joined a fight he had no dog in and got locked up for nothing. And maybe not publicly but the government would want to know yhe aecret identities dont u think. Its not like thwy sign with aliasis.

Is caps identity known or only to the government. Do the public know who he is. Because he can throw on shades and a hat and blend in pretty well. And if everyone knows who he is why keep wearing a mask

-Once again not all heroes had to sign. In fact they talk about the Avengers who don't sign the Accord would have to retire. 

-"Arrow guy" like Antman calls him is retired in the space between Ultron and Cap 3. Obviously his involvement means he couldn't stay retired. He even has that line "I retire for a while and look at the mess you've gotten yourselves into" or something like that. The man is considered active. 

That doesn't mean he will now be fully active and will live with Cap in an Avengers Compound or hide in Wakanda with Black Panther or anything. He will go back to his wife and children until the next movie he shows up in. Don't think on it too much he is a secondary or tertiary character.

-Antman got recruited by Falcon and is an admirer of Cap and his mentor Pym has animosity towards the Starks. That's it. He showed in his own movie he has no problem getting in the wrong side of the law.

Heck the Ant Man movie consisted of him leaving prison where he was due go getting caught mid-heist. Then he pulls another heist where he steals the Ant-man suit. And the 3rd act is yet another heist. Man of the Law Lang it is not.

-I think Cap is publicly known. All current Avengers are. And if he wasn't at first he is now after Black Widow released all the SHIELD files at the end of Winter Soldier.

Ultimately, even if I'm right when it comes to this movie, the situation could evolve into what you think and in Spiderman Homecoming the Oversight Committee asks Tony for the info on the wall crawling guy who helped him fight Cap, or something like that.

Who knows. Guess we'll just have to go to the other Marvel movies and see what happens (Feige laughs evilly in the background)

If you noticed, Spidey was in awe of stark and stark made sure to only give him a little info and none of the reasons cap opposed him. He also used the suit to bribe him. Phone Post 3.0