What if Art Jimmerson KO'ed Royce Gracie @ UFC1

I was at training today wondering what we would all be doing if Art Jimmerson won UFC 1

What if you weren't born and we never read this thread? Phone Post

then the question would go un-answered

Royce would say Art's distance management was because of GJJ. Phone Post

There would have been nothing you see in the world today.

No internet.

No cell phones.

No medical weed cards.

No Rickson.

No TUF

No Lord of the Rings trilogy.

No Afflicition.

No Paula Deen.

Nothing bro....

I don't even want to imagine WTF would have transpired.....

Left-handed gloves would be sold-out at Dick's Sporting Goods right now.

UFC 1 was the biggest fraud ever.  Art was paid to tap against Royce and to wear 1 boxing glove and all the fights Royce were in were fixed most likely just to market BJJ in America.

LOL at the stock pile of right handed gloves.

He would have saved us from this.

Its Me Again -  UFC 1 was the biggest fraud ever.  Art was paid to tap against Royce and to wear 1 boxing glove and all the fights Royce were in were fixed most likely just to market BJJ in America.

Bullshit! There is alot you can say about the early UFC's. But this isnt it.

pcuzz - 
Its Me Again -  UFC 1 was the biggest fraud ever.  Art was paid to tap against Royce and to wear 1 boxing glove and all the fights Royce were in were fixed most likely just to market BJJ in America.

Bullshit! There is alot you can say about the early UFC's. But this isnt it.

You dont find it interesting that Royce disappeared from the UFC right as the dominant wrestlers were coming in??

Coleman, Kerr, Frye, Tank, Couture etc would have all wiped their asses with Royce and BJJ would have been a dying fad in 1996

Druskee27 - 

Somebody lied to you NOOB. Get yo facts straight next time homeboy

Im sorry you have been brainwashed, now go grab your Gi and go 69 with your "rolling partner in life" homo

Shouldve used me to work the jab more, IMO

Its Me Again - 
Druskee27 - 

Im sorry you have been brainwashed, now go grab your Gi and go 69 with your "rolling partner in life" homo

Are you trying to say that BJJ is not really effective in MMA and we all have been brainwashed to believe that?

CaptainWoody - 
Its Me Again - 
Druskee27 - 

Are you trying to say that BJJ is not really effective in MMA and we all have been brainwashed to believe that?

BJJ has gone the way of the uni-cycle and powdered wigs.  Wrestling is what wins titles in MMA.

rorion woulda had another ufc with royce winning

shit he did actually have one where steve jennum won and royce technically lost to harold howard.

it all leads to the same future

Its Me Again = pathetic troll.

To answer the question, Shamrock would have gone on to win. Ground fighting probably would have gotten a bump, but nothing near the upheaval that occurred when skinny, unathletic, 170 pounds (when wet) Royce Gracie won.

GSDFan - Its Me Again = pathetic troll.

To answer the question, Shamrock would have gone on to win. Ground fighting probably would have gotten a bump, but nothing near the upheaval that occurred when skinny, unathletic, 170 pounds (when wet) Royce Gracie won.

LOL STFU noob and get your post count up before you try to discuss MMA with me

Not to feed the troll, but I watched UFC 3 live. I'm hardly a newbie to MMA. So keep trolling away.

GSDFan - Not to feed the troll, but I watched UFC 3 live. I'm hardly a newbie to MMA. So keep trolling away.

I was backstage at UFC 1 so go eat a dick

Its Me Again - 
CaptainWoody - 
Its Me Again - 
Druskee27 - 

BJJ has gone the way of the uni-cycle and powdered wigs.  Wrestling is what wins titles in MMA.

Every single successful MMA fighter trains a form of submission grappling- with 9/10 doing BJJ.