What if Brock trained with Dutch kickboxers?

SinCityHustler - 
edwims - what if MMA would have been a thing when Carlton Haselrig finished college and he would have started training at that time?

Haselrig was awesome, but he didn't have the explosiveness of Brock. He had great footwork and fantastic wrestling (6 time NCAA champion for those of you wondering) and obviously was able to make the transition to the NFL, but he had a drinking problem. No telling how that may have affected his progression. No doubt though, he would have been a factor at the highest levels of MMA.

obviously in my little fantasy mma history world I am ignoring his problems with substance abuse....it would have been fun to see him compete in the early UFC'S

He would get the cockchete kicked off his chest... Bitch don't like to get hit training with the Dutch is the last thing he should do! Phone Post 3.0

keylockarmbar - 

For the record I think Brock was impressive considering how little he actually knew about fighting. I just think the Greatest of all time talk is absurd.

When you say of all time, aren't you really only going back about 25 years? lets not act like we're talking about centuries and centuries of fighters. Brock didn't have longevity, but when we speak about high water mark, in other words, who reached the very highest level, lets not forget Brock was the #1 ranked heavyweight in the world, during Fedor's run. The run he put together for that period just before his illness, puts him in the conversation with the greats.

SinCityHustler -
keylockarmbar - 

For the record I think Brock was impressive considering how little he actually knew about fighting. I just think the Greatest of all time talk is absurd.

When you say of all time, aren't you really only going back about 25 years? lets not act like we're talking about centuries and centuries of fighters. Brock didn't have longevity, but when we speak about high water mark, in other words, who reached the very highest level, lets not forget Brock was the #1 ranked heavyweight in the world, during Fedor's run. The run he put together for that period just before his illness, puts him in the conversation with the greats.

No it doesnt. He has 4 quality wins and in two of them, looked like shit. He was getting handled by old man Couture which I have nothing but respect for Brock for dealing with. Considering the experience of Randy as opposed to Brock, Randy was supposed to win but Brock was 60 pounds heavier probably and an elbow from a guy that size will change anyones night. The Carwin fight was ridiculously one sided in the first round. then You have Mir who also beat Brock quicker than Brock beat him. And you have Herring by decision who Fedor beat on until he jumped out the ring. Then he was embarrassed by Cain. (spiral much?) Then was dominated by Reem. id have at least 5 guys id put ahead of him in regards to GOAT status and really already made a list of 13 id put ahead of him in another thread. But 5 are indisputably more deserving of the title of greatest. Dont fall in love with someones potential. He has 4 quality wins. thats it.