What if....Businesses shut down but COVID Spikes?

Let's say LA and all these states shut businesses down but COVID keeps spiking. How so?  Families and friends continue to congregate and party in homes. What then?

Should the governor forbid it? Make it illegal? Should businesses remain closed? 

So what could they do? Make it illegal to visit a home?

The Maestro -

Let's say LA and all these states shut businesses down but COVID keeps spiking. How so?  Families and friends continue to congregate and party in homes. What then?

Should the governor forbid it? Make it illegal? Should businesses remain closed? 

Can you find any other example in the world where shutting down and social distancing didn't work?

I would first decide if your premise makes sense before imagining what would happen.

Parties in homes are not that high on the risk scale unless they are a large gathering. Bars for instance are a much bigger issue for transmission. You get drunk and yell at each other with your faces very close. 

1 Like

what happens is what the future of california WILL be. which is that most small businesses will be completely fail within one calendar year from now. many by the very end of this year. COMBINED with a whole slew of people spreading it and continually killing the elderly and vulnerable. 

californians are so selfish and ignorant it is astounding. meanwhile, real estate will NOT tank because the people who are smart with money (the majority of california wealthy that isn't two generations out) will resume to stay tight tight tight with their money, just like the japanese. 

california is fucked. throw in a likely natural disaster within this year and then we'll see WHY we have tighten gun control to the highest level and take away firearms before it turns into LITERAL GTA.

2 Likes

Instead of family gatherings we should have family protests since the protests have not been escalating the Covid-19 issue.

1 Like

Thelonious -
The Maestro -

Can you find any other example in the world where shutting down and social distancing didn't work?

I would first decide if your premise makes sense before imagining what would happen.

Parties in homes are not that high on the risk scale unless they are a large gathering. Bars for instance are a much bigger issue for transmission. You get drunk and yell at each other with your faces very close. 

I'm going to hold onto this smart ass comment for one more week :)

ScreenName22 - 
The Maestro -

Who cares if cases spike?

Because it will show that further lockdowns, in this particular state/environment aren't effective.  So should we continue to use them?  What else can the governor do?  Forbid people from attending friends/family?

retarded politicians in places like CA and NY have beeen striving to create a state where they have total control.  If you think these freedoms you just give away are going to be restored, youre on fucking drugs 

1 Like

ScreenName22 -

I have a friend who just got over COVID. In his 40's a little overweight. He works in a bar so mostly likely that's where he got it. He was pretty sick for 5 days and now he's better. Did not require hospitalization. Basically like a bad flu bug. Today is about the 12th day and he's mostly back to normal.

This is the worst case for most of us. Some show only mild symptoms and do not require any treatment at all. Dumbasses want to shut down the economy for something that's been going on year after year since you were born.

Except in 4 months it's killed 3-4x as many people as the flu does every year

EFM - 
ScreenName22 -

I have a friend who just got over COVID. In his 40's a little overweight. He works in a bar so mostly likely that's where he got it. He was pretty sick for 5 days and now he's better. Did not require hospitalization. Basically like a bad flu bug. Today is about the 12th day and he's mostly back to normal.

This is the worst case for most of us. Some show only mild symptoms and do not require any treatment at all. Dumbasses want to shut down the economy for something that's been going on year after year since you were born.

Up to 40% are from nursing homes.

EFM -
ScreenName22 -

I don't think there is a large group of people doubting if it's real or not. We're questioning the economic response. 

The Maestro -
ScreenName22 - 
The Maestro -

Who cares if cases spike?

Because it will show that further lockdowns, in this particular state/environment aren't effective.  So should we continue to use them?  What else can the governor do?  Forbid people from attending friends/family?

Is this accurate? I thought the regular flu killed about 60k a year and covid kills about 130k this year. One thing i've noticed is its hits red and blue states about the same. Early on everybody was lauding the great job Cali did but now their getting hit hard. I couldn't understand how Cali was so different from NY. Both high Asian population, big states with people that travel all over the world. I assumed mass transit was the difference and pop density in NYC. Florida was a model for low infection rates but now their getting killed. I think this virus is unstoppable, you can hide from it to better your odds with socal distance and masks but we can't beat it. We're in trouble.

Thelonious -
The Maestro -

You're retarded. To what end? It's the virus going to dissappear because you're sitting inside? Lol. If an unlikely vaccine is created (there has never been a successful upper respiratory vaccine ever created) that is NOT a cure. It's a fucking cold unless you're 80. It's fucking ridiculous. 

1 Like

BigEyedFish -

retarded politicians in places like CA and NY have beeen striving to create a state where they have total control.  If you think these freedoms you just give away are going to be restored, youre on fucking drugs 

What freedoms are you referring to?

what are your other screen names here? 

madmartigan -
BigEyedFish -

Freedom to go to church. Freedom to sing at church. Freedom to go to a dine in restaurant. The gym. A bar. To School. A barber. A salon. 

What freedoms?!

BigEyedFish -

I'll take that as " none," and you are talking directly out your ass, as usual.

madmartigan -
BigEyedFish -

I don't know where you live but in California our governor is damn near threatening people from going to their friends and family's houses. 

The Maestro -
madmartigan -
BigEyedFish -

Freedom to go to church. Freedom to sing at church. Freedom to go to a dine in restaurant. The gym. A bar. To School. A barber. A salon. 

What freedoms?!

Churches are open. And people are in them . So that's false. I just ate a restaurant about twenty minutes ago. So that's false. And barber shops are open. So that's false. As are bars. I just sat outside and had a beer at one.

Any other lies you're going to tell?

It's true, indoor dining isn't back, but you're actually stupid enough to think that well never get that back and the reason will be some kind of liberal power grab? Because that's what the dumb emotional Canadian implied, and what you just backed him up on.

Christ, you are all retarded retards .

What is true is that inddor

The Maestro -
madmartigan -
BigEyedFish -

I don't know where you live but in California our governor is damn near threatening people from going to their friends and family's houses. 

I love in ny 

And everything you said is false.