What if fighters lifted like a bodybuilder

Not the super swole hormone infested pros. But lets say a fighter did that typical isolation routine and just trained fighting more along with cardio.

Wouldn't this be more productive? I mean since your making individual muscles stronger and combining it with the explosiveness developed when actually fighting.

I see all these fighters doing extreme gym class style s&c and wonder if it's kind of like double dipping. How about if you did a fast simple bb routine and used the extra time to just train more fighting. Wouldn't you be mega strong and mega technical? No?

jeez. It's just a question i've been curious about. I probably should of made it clear that I in fact like s&c training and find it fun and an awesome way of working out.

I'm just wondering from a fighters prospective if it's maybe over training since they get so much of this type of exercise from the fighting.

they would probably gas out and have more joint injuries.

i think the diaz style of training is probably the best for longevity and cardio.

robbie380 -  they would probably gas out and have more joint injuries.

i think the diaz style of training is probably the best for longevity and cardio.

what is the diaz brothers style of training. i mean obviously a lot of swimming runnin and cycling but any kettle bells or
battle ropes? they listen to the jre they gotta at least take shroomtech Phone Post

Bruce lee > Arnold

Training in weight lifting isnt all to bad but I am sure there are other anerobic exercises you can do once you reach the desired muscle mass. They have to cut weight and since muscle weighs them down, it will be harder to cut weight. 

This is why Jose Aldo looked a little out of it in his debut fights in the UFC. I dont remember where I read it but his muscle mass was increasing and his weight cuts were more brutal because he had to cut even more weight with the muscle. When he went back down he came in looking great against Mendes. 

So you have to mix in sport related exercises [sparring, rolling, drills ect] some weight lifting to get strength if the sports related exercises are building the desired   amount, and anerobic. 

rounds would have to be 3 minutes

rounds would have to be 3 minutes

do you even lift?

Worked out well for Marius Pudz...dumbass.

is this for real?

What a load of baroni Phone Post

It shows how little people know, yet still willing to pretend they have a clue...

Body builders are the worst type of people... a bunch of egomaniacal bitches.

Cmon guys, he just asked a question he hoped to get an educated response to...
Instead, he gets a few jackoffs acting like 5yr olds!
No wonder guys like DamnSevern stopped coming here... Phone Post

nightkap - 

Cmon guys, he just asked a question he hoped to get an educated response to...
Instead, he gets a few jackoffs acting like 5yr olds!
No wonder guys like DamnSevern stopped coming here... Phone Post

Ok mom, the reason is appearance and performance.

I don't think it would be very optimal.  

Something I've always been interested in is what type of conditioning is optimal for UFC style fighting with 3x5 or 5x5 rounds.

Alot of fighters do 'lift' like body builders......they just don't eat or inject as body builders would.

Can you imagine them trying to roll and grapple.

Get a good mental imagine of that.

Solid.Thick.Tight.

*inb4trtfags

Goodluck training hard cardio and lifting like a bodybuilder lol.

If guys lifted like bodybuilders they would be all show and no go.

Bodybuilders use isolation style programs for aesthetics. They aim for hypertrophy with higher reps and less weight which gives great size gains but not great strength increases.

What you want for pure strength is a powerlifting style training. Low reps and heavy weights with compound movements like squats and deadlifts.

What MMA guys need is a mix of all sorts as being dedicated to powerlifting means doing nothing but eating and resting constantly which gives great strength gains but horrible cardio.

Its all about functional strength in MMA and more importantly balancing strength and cardio - the biggest looking guy isn't always the strongest guy. Phone Post