What if GSP loses....

Serra blew his wad way to early against Karo trying to KO him and still managed to escape a lot of sub attempts.

If GSP takes serra down... it's gonna be his mistake. Serra will take his back.

I'd say his best bet is to stay on his feet and try to pick him apart using his reach. I think in the first fight GSP was too afraid of Serra's ground and was not expecting to get tagged the way he did. So his plan was out the window when Serra started connecting.

Anyway... I want Matt to win but I'm a big fan of both.

"If he loses to GSP and Hughes, then he'll be relegated to a decent journeyman."

Sorry but that's an idiotic statement...

No man who wins the title completely outright is a "journeyman," and Serra deserves more respect than that. And his record does not reflect that of a journeyman whatsoever!

"Serra blew his wad way to early against Karo trying to KO him and still managed to escape a lot of sub attempts.
If GSP takes serra down... it's gonna be his mistake. Serra will take his back.

I'd say his best bet is to stay on his feet and try to pick him apart using his reach. I think in the first fight GSP was too afraid of Serra's ground and was not expecting to get tagged the way he did. So his plan was out the window when Serra started connecting.

Anyway... I want Matt to win but I'm a big fan of both."

Serra had over 2 full rounds to get his wind back after the initial flurry against Karo. He just got dominated after Karo recovered, in takedowns and by Karo's GNP. I highly doubt that Serra is going to take GSP's back and RNC him if the fight goes to the ground. Serra is a great sub grappler, but in MMA, I don't think he's going to sub GSP on the ground.

If GSP loses, I will be drowning my sorrows in beer & maple syrup like any good Canadian would be!

I agree, but I'm saying that is what he will be viewed as. A journeyman who got lucky one night.

Beleive me, I think Serra is better than people give him credit for.

If Serra wins again that would actually be great, because then the UFC can make him fight everyone that Hughes and GSP already beat. It'll mean like 8 new title contenders that we couldn't have had otherwise

"No man who wins the title completely outright is "journeyman," and Serra deserves more respect than that. And his record does not reflect that of a journeyman whatsoever!"

How does his record not reflect him being a journeyman?

serra doesn't get the credit he deserves and if he wins he probably still wont

Not a journeyman as in not taking fights just for a paycheck, being someone's tomato can, holding on too long etc... Sorry bro but that description doesn't fit.

You can question his ability if you like (which I don't), but a journeyman is not what he will be remembered as.
I believe he has GSP's number and GSP is going to be way too pumped for this fight and get caught again. I happen to like GSP but he's getting a little too cocky when it comes to Matt but that's the fight game...

It would be hilarious because soon after, we would have Karo as UFC champ.

when he loses

So Serra beating GSP the first time, was one of the biggest championship upsets in the history of the sport, if not "the" biggest upset ever.

What are the odds of the same fighter, not only repeating the biggest upset in MMA history, but doing it back-to-back! and in front of that fighter's home town crowd for the rematch?

It's gotta be like a ten billion to one shot. He would have a better chance of getting hit by lightning twice in his life then that happening. Serra is a dead man. No doubt about it.

Yup, name it.

What then?

Matt will be validated as a true champ and most of the people on here will have to stop saying he got lucky.

"i fear for the life of team serra."  For sure.....

LOL ^ !!!!!! I may be willing to come out of retirement on a snb on this one , EM !

There is no chance something like this could ever happen... EVER!!! If they fought 10 times Serra wins -4 of those matches. weird.

"You can question his ability if you like (which I don't), but a journeyman is not what he will be remembered as."

Well I'm not going to argue with you how the future will remember Serra b/c quite frankly neither of us know, but to date Serra's record reflects a journeyman fighter at the UFC level. Now to be fair he got his Cinderella man victory is amazing fashion and yet that doesn't change his UFC history. The guy still has plenty of time though to prove the doubters wrong and cement his place in history.