What if I did one month of keto diet? How to?

I have 8 to 10 pounds to lose, tops.

Where should I look for one source on the diet? I might give it a try. I'm still not sure.

What Do You Eat on a Ketogenic Diet?

Here are typical foods to enjoy on a ketogenic diet. The numbers are net carbs per 100 grams. To remain in ketosis, lower is generally better:

Low Carb Keto Foods

The most important thing to reach ketosis is to avoid eating most carbohydrates. You’ll probably need to keep carb intake to under 50 grams per day of net carbs

, ideally below 20 grams. The fewer carbs the more effective.

This means you’ll need to completely avoid sweet sugary foods, plus starchy foods like bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Basically follow the guidelines for a strict low-carb diet, and remember it’s supposed to be high in fat, not high in protein.

A rough guideline is below 10% energy from carbohydrates (the fewer carbs, the more effective), 15-25% protein (the lower end is more effective), and 70% or more from fat.

keto one month is useless...just cut carbs

gokudamus - keto one month is useless...just cut carbs

Is it?

Yeah, I am really just wanting to drop a few pounds.

I did keto for two months and had a noticeable difference in body comp. My abs looked great and I felt great. But I really think doing "keto" was just a way to to keep me concious of carbs. I now eat well over 20g per day and my body hasn't changed much. I think sub 100g per day is a good number, as long as they are coming from real food. Sweet potatoes are not your enemy, nor is quinoa.

TTT

Cutting out carbs is useless. Just get in a caloric deficit. And lift. And HIIT.

In.

Macallan12 - I did keto for two months and had a noticeable difference in body comp. My abs looked great and I felt great. But I really think doing "keto" was just a way to to keep me concious of carbs. I now eat well over 20g per day and my body hasn't changed much. I think sub 100g per day is a good number, as long as they are coming from real food. Sweet potatoes are not your enemy, nor is quinoa.
Iirc in primal blueprint, a more lenient style of paleo he say 100 grams and under for mantienence, 50 for effortless weight-loss, and 25 for rapid.

MMA Playwright -

Is it?

Don't listen to this guy. If you keep your net carbs under 20 you'll lose that weight in 2 weeks. 

Eat 1 avacado a day. You'll need the fat. 

Eat whatever meat you want. Bacon,steak,chicken.......

eggs eggs eggs

dark green vegetables and broccoli is great. If you're gonna cook your vegetables, use real butter. For salads use a cream bases dressing like ranch of blue cheese. Just stay away from the low fat kinds because they're loaded with carbs. 

Pesci's Pen - 

Eat 1 avacado a day. You'll need the fat. 

Eat whatever meat you want. Bacon,steak,chicken.......

eggs eggs eggs

dark green vegetables and broccoli is great. If you're gonna cook your vegetables, use real butter. For salads use a cream bases dressing like ranch of blue cheese. Just stay away from the low fat kinds because they're loaded with carbs. 

This is the stuff I need. Thanks, man.

It would be like sucking only a few dicks in an attempt to work on jaw strength. You're either all in or all out; either way it's gay

kkmmnn - 

It would be like sucking only a few dicks in an attempt to work on jaw strength. You're either all in or all out; either way it's gay

GREAT analogy.

Is energy level reduced dramatically doing a keto diet?

In. All the food in that pic looks delicious. I can cut out sugar easy if I'm actually trying to as I rarely eat it already. May look into this.

octo_dad -

If it is then nevermind, I honestly don't know much about keto lol

Pesci's Pen - 
MMA Playwright -

Is it?

Don't listen to this guy. If you keep your net carbs under 20 you'll lose that weight in 2 weeks. 

Yes and no. You could potentially lose 8-10lbs the first week, HOWEVER it's gonna be almost exclusively water weight. You'd wanna go at least a month to lose a legit 8-10lbs of fat, which many seem to do in their first month of keto (depending on current body composition, past dietary habits, etc).

My favourite websites for finding out more about a ketogenic diet:

There are so many! But the best I’ve found are:

Uni man - 
octo_dad -

If it is then nevermind, I honestly don't know much about keto lol

fuck yeah it is. You'll feel like you regressed ten years and have never lifted before. When you finally come to your senses and snap out of it and start eating carbs again you'l be the happiest motherfucker ever. People will notice and ask why you're so happy.

And you will tell them you've been let out of jail. Carb jail.

You will say this whilst munching on a donut whilst sipping on some milk. And you will be full, big, strong, and yep also lean again. (provided you're in that caloric deficit I mentioned)