What if there was an MMA Resort/University?

Wasn't there going to be an MMA cruise ship? Did that ever happen? Or did I fabricate that in my dreams?

breezy bryant - Wasn't there going to be an MMA cruise ship? Did that ever happen? Or did I fabricate that in my dreams?

Sounds nice in theory.

I know lot's of folks who've lived and worked on cruise ships.

I wouldn't recommend it.

MMA cruise ship for the win bitches!

It could be fun near shore or something.

Cruise ships disturb me though.  If they fuck up, you are stranded.  If someone gets sick, everyone gets sick.

I've heard more horror stories about cruise ships than I care to think about.

I swear, I didn't make this up you guys.

https://www.facebook.com/warriorship

Their facebook page says they are currently re-evaluating and developing the concept.

I'm at Tiger Muay Thai right now and the reason I came was because I shared your idea. They do seem to offer everything you suggested and are expanding by the day. In-camp rooms (from cheap dorm rooms to more expensive higher quality rooms) means it really is just like a resort, you pay your food, training and room all in advance and then you never need to leave the camp. They also do hire fighters who are at a higher level and pay their way. I'm not at that level but I make my living online so I could potentially stay here forever really.

MMc AA - I'm at Tiger Muay Thai right now and the reason I came was because I shared your idea. They do seem to offer everything you suggested and are expanding by the day. In-camp rooms (from cheap dorm rooms to more expensive higher quality rooms) means it really is just like a resort, you pay your food, training and room all in advance and then you never need to leave the camp. They also do hire fighters who are at a higher level and pay their way. I'm not at that level but I make my living online so I could potentially stay here forever really.

Sure, but take a look at companies like Aramark, Xanterra, Delaware North and Forever Resorts.  They are multi million or even billion dollar companies.  Some got started with little things like selling peanuts at baseball games. 

Xanterra was formerly the old Fred Harvey company that used to run hotels on train and stage coach routes.

The money is there if you are in the right place and know how to attract people.

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

I'd considered going to Thailand to train but felt like I wouldn't be able to hang, based on my skill level. Maybe I'm alone, but I think the idea of staying and training at a place like Tiger Muay Thai or another Thai training camp is a little intimidating for a novice.