What in the Sam Hill is so special about pho?

For years now I've heard people talk about, seen on tv and yes, read on the OG about this glorious pho.

Well I had some pho.

Just tasted like some damn soup with some rice noodles to me.

Pho worship is right up there with the worship of sriacha and heated car seats.

I'm just disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYnW8K3rlqw

Healthy, tasty, varied.

Whambo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYnW8K3rlqw

I'm sure the best pho in NYC or LA is amazing due to the quality of the ingredients but I bet the average bowl of pho is as horrible as the food at an average Chinese takeout restaurant in the US.

My go to hangover cure. Hydrates, full of sodium, and filling but not heavy. 

Agreed completely......until op spoke ill of heated car seats. When done correctly, no can defend

Candide -

Yep, killer hangover food

I'm curious myself. Haven't tried it but there are a few joints downtown. Im guessing it's like ramen. More about a good broth than the noodles.

Pho is good, but I have always preferred Bun Bo Hue. Try that next time, OP, it has a lot more kick to it.

So good when eaten from a legit place. Just like Sushi. 

Did you add hoisin sauce and sriracha? If you didn't then it's your fault. If you did and still didn't enjoy it maybe you just don't like good food.

dizz -
Candide -

Yep, killer hangover food

This. Can't recommend enough.

MalleusMazaBlaska - I'm curious myself. Haven't tried it but there are a few joints downtown. Im guessing it's like ramen. More about a good broth than the noodles.

I know you are, but we are talking about food here. 

MalleusMazaBlaska - I'm curious myself. Haven't tried it but there are a few joints downtown. Im guessing it's like ramen. More about a good broth than the noodles.

A good ramen is much harder to cook then a good pho. Any shithole Vietnamese restaurant can have a decent pho, you just bowl a bunch of shit and serve with fresh veggies.

TFK_Mas Tisu -

Pho is good, but I have always preferred Bun Bo Hue. Try that next time, OP, it has a lot more kick to it.

This guy knows what's up. Pho is good, Bun Bo Hue is the shit. Spicy broth with beef and sometimes beef tendon. Amazing flavor.

its overwated for sure

Pho is fucking amazing. I have lived in Vegas and currently live in SF so I've been lucky. Usually not good to judge off your first outing. Think of all the wack burrito joints around, you have to search sometimes.

TFK_Mas Tisu - 

Bun Bo Hue is outta this fucking world!