What in the Sam Hill is so special about pho?

I had it once before I got married and thought it was just ok. But after I met my wife, who is Vietnamese, it all changed. I could eat it everyday. You gotta have it the right way.

BJ Penn Forever - For years now I've heard people talk about, seen on tv and yes, read on the OG about this glorious pho.

Well I had some pho.

Just tasted like some damn soup with some rice noodles to me.

Pho worship is right up there with the worship of sriacha and heated car seats.

I'm just disappointed.

Depends on the Pho you get. I've had Pho at a number of places, but only 1 place stands out. The others are as you describe... soup with rice noodles.

It's all about the broth. You gotta find a place that has amazing soup broth. I go to a place that has such good broth that I don't even add any seasonings to my bowl. For the proper experience, you need to choose a bowl that has fatty meats that enhance the flavor. I order the fat brisket. No can defend!

You ever had an Asian bish cook it for you naked?

Believe the hype

Fuck that shit,  had that once when I went with a group of people.  Everything was in Ching Chong writing so I had no idea what I was ordering .  First thing I pulled out of the bowl was a big piece of tripe.  Ate the noodles.  I live in the 1st world I don't care to eat the garbage meats 3rd world countries are forced to.  

Heated car seats never made sense to me till I moved to South Dakota. And then I was like holy shit this is amazing.

its a good simple soup but i never understood the infatuation with it either 

Harlem Savoy -

So good when eaten from a legit place. Just like Sushi. 

Anywhere local you recommend? 

Ramen soup is without a doubt the best soup. Pho is more about the meat and veggies. Beef tendon being my favorite cow part in pho.

Bun bo hue is more like tokotsu ramen - a dark, fatty broth.

Pho is just a clear, fatty broth. As mentioned good for hangovers, colds or to warm up in the morning. The pho broth isn't exactly easy to make, definitely takes skill. That's why there are places that's good and others that's bad.  It's a light simple meal - similar to eating chinese rice porriage. Not sure why there's so much hate on it. Good broth, meat you dip into a saucer with sriracha and hoisin sauce. Get a iced coffee to go with it and it's a good brunch.

It's clean, healthy-ish, and cheap. And you can eat it for any meal of the day. What's your deal, man?!

Khun Kao -
BJ Penn Forever - For years now I've heard people talk about, seen on tv and yes, read on the OG about this glorious pho.

Well I had some pho.

Just tasted like some damn soup with some rice noodles to me.

Pho worship is right up there with the worship of sriacha and heated car seats.

I'm just disappointed.

Depends on the Pho you get. I've had Pho at a number of places, but only 1 place stands out. The others are as you describe... soup with rice noodles.

It's all about the broth. You gotta find a place that has amazing soup broth. I go to a place that has such good broth that I don't even add any seasonings to my bowl. For the proper experience, you need to choose a bowl that has fatty meats that enhance the flavor. I order the fat brisket. No can defend!

Name of this place, please?

Has anyone ever tried Cao Lau. I only ever tried in Vietnam. The shit was great.

I was with ya until you, brought in the heated car seats, you didn't have to do that bro.

its good and good pho you

i have hundreds of pho restaraunts around me. I've tried a lot, and the top rated. I agree with OP, none of it is amazing. Here's the standout of pho, it's the the  accoutrements, the plate of basil, bean sprouts, lime wedges, cilantro, and other goodies. Try to make each spoonfull it's own experience.

I would take a top noodle/ramen house over a pho house any day, however I still enjoy a good pho every now and then.

You put your ass down on a nice heated seat in -40 weather, and tell me it doesn't feel like a million dollars.

There's a place by me that I like. All the employees wear shirts with pho in the name. Phoshizzle, phokin-A, ET pho home....I told the owner he needs to open a place that's open all night and call it 20 pho 7

It's not pronounced "foh", is it? I thought it was closer to "fa".

I prefer Ramen. Have been to all the Vegas soup noodle places and Monta Ramen remains the winner by a little.

Fuck hipster soup, fuck hipster hot sauce, and fuck OP for that blasphemy about heated seats!

I can't wait to try pho at a legit place.

The beef in my pho was very low quality.

Not something worth paying money for.

That is why I don't fuck with your average Chinese place, the meat is 1 step above roadkill and the sauces all taste the same.