What is a Bump Stock? (Vid)

Very cool video. I honestly wasn't totally clear on what a bump stock did. This guy buys one, installs it, and uses it. 

The results are NOT what I expected! Very interesting watch. And of course it's good to educate yourself right now with everything that's going on. Good to know in case people bring this stuff up to you in conversation. 

Hope everyone enjoys. 

Pretty innovative engineering but a blatant work around for the full auto gun laws. Even Trump wants these banned.

As a full fledged gun owner, including an AR, I don’t necessarily think “automatic weapons” should be illegal. But since they are, work arounds like this that skirt the law should also be illegal.

Trust -

THEY'RE NOT "CLIPS" YOU BUFFOON.  And no one charges an AR like that, good lord.

You do not need a bump stock to bump fire a gun.  People have been bump firing long before anyone made a bump stock.  

Show me someone Bump fireing like dipshit did in Vegas from your shoulder without a bump stock.     They should be banned.   This is a hill gun nuts are going to die on. 

Signed a gun nut.

I was definitely surprised with how much it increased the fire rate 

Good lord, I have an AR-15 and can almost fire it just as fast as a bump stock... in that regards, #2nd!!

Thuglife13 -

While it's true that it legit helps make semi-auto basically fully auto, you can have the same effect using the most simple things imaginable...

Wow, those guys are dumb. 

Ban belt loops!

Damn!  I've bump fired before,  its easy. 

But that thing looks fun.  

Must buy. 

I've seen several people who bump fire from shoulder without bump stock. It takes a bit of practice. Any potato can belt loop bump fire

Kubla khan - 
Trust -

THEY'RE NOT "CLIPS" YOU BUFFOON.  And no one charges an AR like that, good lord.

You do not need a bump stock to bump fire a gun.  People have been bump firing long before anyone made a bump stock.  

Show me someone Bump fireing like dipshit did in Vegas from your shoulder without a bump stock.     They should be banned.   This is a hill gun nuts are going to die on. 

Signed a gun nut.

You only have to look at the guys grill on the video thumbnail to genuinely understand the concept of "Douchebag"

That looks like an incredibly expensive trick to learn.

Sogsteel - Ban belt loops!

When I sent the video in the OP to my brothers, they both told me about how they had used the "belt loop trick" to bump fire.

Basically, ban bump stocks and someone will find some other way to do it. And they'll find that other way really REALLY easily. 

Trust - 

You're correct.

But you're also highlighting the main argument of the anti-gun people.

They want regulations so that teenagers and tards like that don't walk into a gun shop and 15 minutes later go ham and start spraying bullets with ZERO regard for the consequence.

"But 18 year-old's can fight in the military"

Absolutely. And they're trained how to operate the weapons. Laws can be written any way you want, so include an exemption for active service soldiers who have been trained to shoot.

"You can't require competency testing for a Right"

There are restrictions and limitations on lots of rights. Requiring that someone take something like an NRA Basics course (it's currently part online and part at the range) before being able to own an AR or AK is a pain in the ass, but it's better than banning all semi-autos.