What is embroidered on your belt?

I haven't embroidered my belt but I've seen some belts that are pretty cool. I remember seeing a judo BB with his name and stripes embroidered representing his dan rank. I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyways, if any of you have your belt embroidered what did you decide on?

Even if you don't have a personalized belt, what would you put?

"BMF" that way everyone would know who it belongs to Phone Post

What does "BMF" stand for?

LetsTalkItOut - What does "BMF" stand for?

Bad Mother Fucker?

suBJJective warMTh - 

Bad Mother Fucker?

Naw, its johsjitsu so I doubt it. [just kidding ;)]

Bring My Fan
Be My Friend
Big Booty Female
Bake More Fries

The possibilities are endless. See, he did it so people can determine what it means to them. Just like a movie. NICE!

For my blue belt, I got Marcelo to sign a piece of paper, and then I got his signature autographed on my belt.

Then, when Lucky Gi's came out with his signature gi, he used the same idea to have his signature on it.

I'm taking credit for it :)

<blockquote>Counterweight - Luca Atalla has his name and stripes, it's pretty cool.</blockquote>

Nice, that reminded me of a blue that had his stripes embroidered on instead of using tape. He said he didn't like how the tape eventually looked dirty and that it always fell off after washing.

At the Olympics, Kosei Inoue had his recently deceased mother's name stitched on in black thread, so that no one could see it, but only he knew it was there.

James

I purposefully try to make my belt look as tatty and worn as possible so it looks like I've trained harder and longer than I really have. Having a nice embroidered belt would be very counterproductive for me in my attempts to immitate an experienced grappler.

Nice looking BJJ belts creep me out.

kond of like this

[quote]kying418 - For my blue belt, I got Marcelo to sign a piece of paper, and then I got his signature autographed on my belt. Then, when Lucky Gi's came out with his signature gi, he used the same idea to have his signature on it. I'm taking credit for it :)[/quote] 

My friend and training partner stole my belt a few months back and brought it back with my name embroidered on it in Japanese (he's Japanese) on one end and the kanji for Jiu Jitsu on the other.

http://thejiujitsulab.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/3.jpg?w=500&h=333

^  That is such a nice gesture!

Anyone know what the kanji on a koral BB says?

I've never had a belt embroidered, but I think it's a cool idea. It would have to be something personal, and not my name because I think that's slightly douchey (sorry!!!). There are some awesome Latin sayings which would go down great on a belt, or maybe a club motto... Inoue - great idea. Phone Post

Tango_MF - My friend and training partner stole my belt a few months back and brought it back with my name embroidered on it in Japanese (he's Japanese) on one end and the kanji for Jiu Jitsu on the other.

Other side as in literally flip it over and the other embroidery is there or is it on the other end of the belt?

I'm wondering because doesn't the backside of the embroidery looks unfinished? Or does both sides look good(If it is on both sidees not both ends)?

filfy - Anyone know what the kanji on a koral BB says?

"Jiu-Jitsu"

LetsTalkItOut - 
Tango_MF - My friend and training partner stole my belt a few months back and brought it back with my name embroidered on it in Japanese (he's Japanese) on one end and the kanji for Jiu Jitsu on the other.

Other side as in literally flip it over and the other embroidery is there or is it on the other end of the belt?

I'm wondering because doesn't the backside of the embroidery looks unfinished? Or does both sides look good(If it is on both sidees not both ends)?

They are on different ends of the belt. The Jiu Jitsu kanji is close to the black bar. The flip side looks pretty much the same, although obviously reversed.

It turned out really nice. I would have never done it myself and was a bit shy about wearing something so flashy, but now I think it's rad.

Plus, anyone who can read Chinese or Japanese can figure out what the characters are that my friend stuck in between my name as a joke.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. That was awesome of your friend to do. I've always though kanji and katakana looked awesome.

What does the characters between your name mean?

Don't put anything on your belt. That's kid stuff. You belt has plenty of meaning and can stand alone. it doesn't need "jewelry" to spruce it up. Please don't put your name on it. You know it's yours.