What is Gilbert Melendez

So great at. Who has he beating? The wins he does have are controversial also. Who was extremely good that he just beat the breaks off. I really like him and seems talented. But I dobt really think he's all that. Sorry just my opinion Phone Post 3.0

Stop Phone Post 3.0

that one fight vs kawajiri when he stole his soul with elbows.

brahmabull81 - Ever heard of youtube? They have these things called highlight videos that help to enlighten people as to what a fighter is good at.

I just feel this is a stupid ass thread asking how the #2 ranked fighter in the world at LW is any good. You may not have meant any disrespect by it but the disrespect is in your ignorance.

But to add something rather than just being a dick, Ill point you in the right direction. Go watch Gil/Thomson 2. THATS what Gil is good at.

That was some time ago yeah?

Compare that to Pettis' last three fights against top contenders:)

brahmabull81 - Ever heard of youtube? They have these things called highlight videos that help to enlighten people as to what a fighter is good at.

I just feel this is a stupid ass thread asking how the #2 ranked fighter in the world at LW is any good. You may not have meant any disrespect by it but the disrespect is in your ignorance.

But to add something rather than just being a dick, Ill point you in the right direction. Go watch Gil/Thomson 2. THATS what Gil is good at.
So let's here your thoughts. This is my thoughts as who ha he beaten and the fights against josh Thompson a lot of people thought he lost me as well. He lost to Ben Henderson. Who has he beaten that makes you feel he is number two. I think he is great person class act and a good fighter. I just don't think he is that great or should say dynamic would be better. Pettis said it best. He is a decent boxer he's tough and a ok wrestler pretty easy to prepare for. I don't think he could have said it better. Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - that one fight vs kawajiri when he stole his soul with elbows.
He was a one dimensional fighter I wasn't that impressed. Phone Post 3.0

iwatchsomemma -
brahmabull81 - Ever heard of youtube? They have these things called highlight videos that help to enlighten people as to what a fighter is good at.

Exactly. Pettis is dynamic. Phone Post 3.0

I thought he won the Henderson fight. He's a grinder, the question is can he grind Pettis? No doubt he is not gonna outstrike Pettis and land a shot or get a submission. But I think he may be able to grind him out. I don't see Pettis winning a decision. Phone Post 3.0

Did you not see the amazing split decisions over Josh Thompson? How about that dominating win where he was almost stopped by Diego Sanchez? It's not just any top guy that can almost get ktfo by Diego. Phone Post 3.0

He also fucked aokis world up and won that bendo fight imo. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -

your mom should have stayed on the pill, clinton.

Great contribution. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - Or how about that time he beat the shit out of a guy the one guy that beat Pettis by UD?
Wasn't that almost a decade ago? I don't find its relevance. Phone Post 3.0

Machamp - He also fucked aokis world up and won that bendo fight imo. Phone Post 3.0
Aoki great subs but that's it. He wouldn't even touch the ground with him. He is a one dimensional fight. A lot of people could beat him doing the exact same thing. So doest constitute as this huge win. So far I really think I've proven my point he hasn't really beat anyone and some of his wins are controversial again not bashing but I'm not that impressed. I think pettis will dismantle him. Phone Post 3.0

iwatchsomemma -

Simply put, Gil is a better brawler and far superior in toughness and fortitude. Pettis is flashier and a more technical striker. Phone Post 3.0

Gil is a journeyman, solid but not exceptional. Pettits is on a different level altogether. That's not to say Gil can't win, though. Phone Post 3.0

ieswideopen - Gil is a journeyman, solid but not exceptional. Pettits is on a different level altogether. That's not to say Gil can't win, though. Phone Post 3.0

a journeyman? really?

looks like a lot of people are overlooking gil.

Galanis -
ieswideopen - Gil is a journeyman, solid but not exceptional. Pettits is on a different level altogether. That's not to say Gil can't win, though. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a journeyman who has lost 1 fight in the last 6 years... which was to the UFC champ, in a close decision that many thought he won.

GTFO. The disrespect to Gil leading into this fight has been sickening. Most of you have probably only seen a few of his fights.

I can guarantee I've been watching this sport longer than you shithead. Been on this forum for six years., booted off 3 times.

It's no disrespect to Gil, journeyman is not a derogatory term in any way. Like I said, he's solid and can win, but he's not in the league as someone like Pettits. Maybe you should take your own advice and go back and watch both their fights. Phone Post 3.0

GuttyProfessor -
iwatchsomemma -

Simply put, Gil is a better brawler and far superior in toughness and fortitude. Pettis is flashier and a more technical striker. Phone Post 3.0
I don't know what kind of inside information you have or what, but how do you get the idea that Gil is "far superior in toughness and fortitude"? Phone Post 3.0

Gil will win

Gil destroyed Clay Guida who Destroyed Pettis.

LoL@ not on his level.