What is Gilbert Melendez

While I'm not a douche like the Op I do feel like Gil feels like a replacement or something. Never thought of him as the number 1 contender. But I'll be tuning in Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
GuttyProfessor -
iwatchsomemma -
brahmabull81 - Ever heard of youtube? They have these things called highlight videos that help to enlighten people as to what a fighter is good at.

I just feel this is a stupid ass thread asking how the #2 ranked fighter in the world at LW is any good. You may not have meant any disrespect by it but the disrespect is in your ignorance.

But to add something rather than just being a dick, Ill point you in the right direction. Go watch Gil/Thomson 2. THATS what Gil is good at.

That was some time ago yeah?

Compare that to Pettis' last three fights against top contenders:)
Simply put, Gil is a better brawler and far superior in toughness and fortitude. Pettis is flashier and a more technical striker. Phone Post 3.0
I don't know what kind of inside information you have or what, but how do you get the idea that Gil is "far superior in toughness and fortitude"? Phone Post 3.0
I went to college with him and was a coach for the college wrestling team when he was a freshman. Although we don't stay in touch, I have seen the character of that man and I know his heart. The guy is a warrior to his core. That's the inside information I've got. Phone Post 3.0

Galanis -
ieswideopen - Gil is a journeyman, solid but not exceptional. Pettits is on a different level altogether. That's not to say Gil can't win, though. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a journeyman who has lost 1 fight in the last 6 years... which was to the UFC champ, in a close decision that many thought he won.

GTFO. The disrespect to Gil leading into this fight has been sickening. Most of you have probably only seen a few of his fights.

Pettits looked good. Phone Post 3.0

ieswideopen - 
Galanis -
ieswideopen - Gil is a journeyman, solid but not exceptional. Pettits is on a different level altogether. That's not to say Gil can't win, though. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a journeyman who has lost 1 fight in the last 6 years... which was to the UFC champ, in a close decision that many thought he won.

GTFO. The disrespect to Gil leading into this fight has been sickening. Most of you have probably only seen a few of his fights.

Your original post was still retarded.

ieswideopen -
Galanis -

Styles make fights and pettis looked anything but good against Gil's style. He caught Gil. Stunned him and capitalized on it. Great fighter, always looks good...just wouldn't describe it that way tonight. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -
Pill Clinton - 
RJJH -

your mom should have stayed on the pill, clinton.

Great contribution. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

better than this useless thread.

Useless. Well guess we figured out who was useless. Haha. Phone Post 3.0

Like I said earlier. Gil is a warrior class act. But I've never been that impressed. Sorry if that gets the sand in your vagina all stirred up. But he isn't champ material. Character wise heart wise yes. This isn't a knock. Just an honest option. Clearly my option rang true tonight. Thank you for all your contribution. And all the other sandy vags can chew on some coxs. As the proof was tonight. Phone Post 3.0

stookartz -
Pill Clinton - Like I said earlier. Gil is a warrior class act. But I've never been that impressed. Sorry if that gets the sand in your vagina all stirred up. But he isn't champ material. Character wise heart wise yes. This isn't a knock. Just an honest option. Clearly my option rang true tonight. Thank you for all your contribution. And all the other sandy vags can chew on some coxs. As the proof was tonight. Phone Post 3.0
Dead set fuckhead Phone Post 3.0
Thank you sir. Sorry for typos as that would be someone's next argument or contribution. Phone Post 3.0

He reminded me of Diego in there tonight. Not a shitload of technique. His gameplan was on point tho, Pettis just pulled a holy shit moment.....nobody expected that Phone Post 3.0

He looked outstanding tonight until pettis got the sub Phone Post 3.0

That's what makes pettis a champ. He is dynamic. He will be hard to beat. Maybe someone can clay him but that is the only way I see him losing. Like Dana said if pettis stays healthy he with be goat Phone Post 3.0

Gil can be champ also some day. I don't count him out at all. He just simply isn't there yet. Phone Post 3.0

GuttyProfessor -
iwatchsomemma -
brahmabull81 - Ever heard of youtube? They have these things called highlight videos that help to enlighten people as to what a fighter is good at.

I just feel this is a stupid ass thread asking how the #2 ranked fighter in the world at LW is any good. You may not have meant any disrespect by it but the disrespect is in your ignorance.

But to add something rather than just being a dick, Ill point you in the right direction. Go watch Gil/Thomson 2. THATS what Gil is good at.

Simply put, Gil is a better brawler and far superior in toughness and fortitude. Pettis is flashier and a more technical striker. Phone Post 3.0
Apparently you forgot the jits. Phone Post 3.0

Picky McSnobberson -
GuttyProfessor -
iwatchsomemma -

Apparently you forgot the jits. Phone Post 3.0
Did t forget it. I thought they'd be about equal in Jiu-Jitsu. Pettis trains with a great submission camp and so does Gil.

Tonight Gil got caught. I think that minus that oh-shit moment. Gil was winning the fight. Regardless- what a fight! Tonight the fans won. Congrats to Pettis!! Phone Post 3.0

Southpaw76 - He looked outstanding tonight until pettis got the sub Phone Post 3.0
He got rocked multiple times standing, and his offense seemed composed of holding Pettis against the fence. Gil desperately needs to work out his striking defense. Diego nearly slept him. I wouldn't say he looked great at all. Phone Post 3.0

Gil would have gotten put to sleep one way or the other I feel. The Russian don't even want to try to spell his name will be a very tough fight for pettis. I can see him becoming champ. That will be a great fight. Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino - 
Southpaw76 - He looked outstanding tonight until pettis got the sub Phone Post 3.0
He got rocked multiple times standing, and his offense seemed composed of holding Pettis against the fence. Gil desperately needs to work out his striking defense. Diego nearly slept him. I wouldn't say he looked great at all. Phone Post 3.0

What??? He blocked every kick except that front kick that slipped through. His defense looked great to me.