What is London Broil?

Never had it. Is it a crappy cut? Or is it fine if cooked right?

cheap cut, tough so you slice it like tri tip. Its good though when done right. Just made one the other day for the first time in years. Was way more popular in the old days since its a cheap piece you can feed a family with.

It is usually pretty cheap, so you would assume it sucks. I have never had an issue with it when someone else made it, but I haven't ever made it myself.

I am a new york guy personally.

It's actually really good when done right. Thinly sliced flank or marinating steak that is very tender. Phone Post 3.0

I buy New York steaks and Tri Tip roasts almost every time. Sometimes Flank too. I think I'll continue to skip London Broil.

Straydog24 - It's actually really good when done right. Thinly sliced flank or marinating steak that is very tender. Phone Post 3.0

It's a form of flank? I get Flank and Skirt mixed up.

The grocery offers them 2 for 1 sometimes so it's hard to pass up for the family budget.

I do roasts, stews, and even grilled a big one once. Personally I find it great for roasts and stews in the winter but avoid it for summer. Phone Post 3.0

In my neck of the woods (east coast Canada), a London Broil refers to ground sausage wrapped in a flank steak which is then wrapped in bacon. I've heard them called "Roladins" as well

UltraViolentRay -

In my neck of the woods (east coast Canada), a London Broil refers to ground sausage wrapped in a flank steak which is then wrapped in bacon. I've heard them called "Roladins" as well

That sounds awesome. Phone Post 3.0

London broil is one of my favorites for the price. They are actually really good good them to Med rare/ medium and they are really juicy and pretty tender. The best London broil spot is actually whole foods believe it or not they got some nice cuts Phone Post 3.0

roast it all day like in crocpot with carrots celery onions potatoes dayum now I'm hungry

Sometimes I marinate in soy and use for stir fry. That's about it

Great when someone who knows how to do it cooks.

Like eating a shoe when I cook one.

Let's see some simple instructions! I always like it alot when done right. Phone Post 3.0

Easiest way for me is to dear in my Dutch oven with carrots and onions and maybe potatoes.

Then I add some beef stock with enough water to cover it half way and throw it in the oven at 250 for hours until all the tissue is broken down and it melts in your mouth. Phone Post 3.0