of the Canadian Criminal Code.

To have Mixed Martial Arts legalized it will take
legislative changes to
both the Canadian Criminal Code and to the regulations
under the Athletics
Control Act. One would have to lobby both the Federal
and Provincial
governments to seek legislative amendments."

Ken said the exact same thing to me. Probably word for word. Also....

MA: "how can Quebec allow MMA if section 83 is worded as is?"

KH: "they perhaps open themselves up to liability by doing so."

MA: "so in essence, anyone who sanctions MMA in Canada is in contradiction to s83 and thus guily of a criminal offence. Correct?"

KH: "I don't know but who's going to charge them? You'd have to get yourself a lawyer I guess to argue about that."

MA: "why can't Ontario do what Quebec is doing?"

KH: "I've contacted our legal dep't and they've stated that we cannot make changes to the Athletics Control Act until the wording in section 83 is changed".

MA: "Is there anything one can do to try and change the minds of the Ontario gov't on this?"

KH: "I don't know, it's not up to me".

MA: "Who would you suggest I contact?"

KH: "You'd have to lobby the gov't. I am not able to advise the best way to do that."

MA: "So in essence, you are only responsible for ensuring the Athletics Control Act is adhered to. You are not responsible for changing it. Correct."

KH: "Yes, exactly."

MA: "May I ask what your opinion is of MMA or is that not even relevant."

KH: "Exactly, I'm completely indifferent. If the province chose to allow MMA tomorrow I'd be fine with it."

.....cont'd

So it appears as though Ontario that won't take on the liability. But, do we now try and go the federal route? I think that's last resort. I think we can still try and pursue the provincial route for now. I've been in back and forth contact with members of The Ministry of Consumer and Business Services and The Ministry of Tourism and Recreation in an effort to conclude what the best course of action will be.

More info to come...

I have e-mailed the minister of recreation as well and I am waiting for a response provincially.

My question is did you actually speak with Ken Hayashi or was it someone pretending to be Ken Hayashi?

Maybe it was Arlovski getting even?

Just kidding!
=)

Ken Hayashi is easy to get a hold of. If he's not at
his desk then leave a msg and he will get back to you
(he has with me in the past - on two occasions).

Antico I don't know you from adam but I have seen what you write and I think you dont have a clue on what you are doing. Please don't screw this up for everyone that has worked hard and sacraficed for this.