What is Reasonable Pay for Jones?

For a comparison, Conor got $5m and PPV points to fight Poirer in a non title fight.

How much should Jones get for fighting at HW for a championship belt against the Predator?

He should get exactly what he agreed to on the contract.  Not a penny more.

3 Likes
Soup and Beer -

This 

1 Like
Soup and Beer -

Yep this. Like Rashad said he negotiated backwards.

Can't blame the UFC for being hesitant to put big money into someone they've already given multiple chances to and someone that could win the belt then be in trouble with the law again unable to fight for a year or more, again.

Big risk for them.

1 Like

At least $2M regardless of result plus PPV points would be fair in my noob opinion.

The difference with Conor is you have an enormous fanbase that actually likes him. Jones doesn't

1 Like
ThatsHowIRoll - 

At least $2M regardless of result plus PPV points would be fair in my noob opinion.

The difference with Conor is you have an enormous fanbase that actually likes him. Jones doesn't

That fight is going to be huge. Absolutely Huge because we all know Jon may actually lose. The man deserves to get paid.

1 Like

The man is already getting paid ridiculous money, he’s an ungrateful human being, the shit the UFC has done for him is far above and beyond what they should have, nobody asked him to move up, show me the money is another way of saying no, trust me, I’m a promoter so I know exactly what that means.

1 Like

Ufc is most likely not giving him a good pay increase. Honestly Jones vs Francis is the biggest fight to make.  UFC is very cheap 

Acidic - 

Ufc is most likely not giving him a good pay increase. Honestly Jones vs Francis is the biggest fight to make.  UFC is very cheap 

This…He’s the highest ppv earner other than Conor. Numbers don’t lie

If he brings in an extra 300k buys, or 20m, because people want to see him win or lose, why should the UFC pocket all the extra money?

2 Likes

U

Fight

Cheap

3 Likes
Corn Pop -
Acidic - 

If he brings in an extra 300k buys, or 20m, because people want to see him win or lose, why should the UFC pocket all the extra money?

they dont as he gets a big portion of it as he is paid higher than most fighters

TREE

FIDDY

2 Likes
jacobdoerr -
ThatsHowIRoll - 

That fight is going to be huge. Absolutely Huge because we all know Jon may actually lose. The man deserves to get paid.

2M plus ppv, even if ppv percentage is 5% IS getting paid

Corn Pop -
Acidic - 

That's what ppl keep saying - 'the ufc pockets the extra money'. Like the cost of producing ufc events is totally negligible

Corn Pop -
Acidic - 

Because they put on the event.

They also risk money by promoting the fight.

If Jones wants all the money he should make his own promotion. 

Soup and Beer -

it's possible, that contract only applied to him fighting at LHW.

He deserves more money and so does Francis. I say 3 mil for winner 2 mil for loser and they both get ppv points. This fight will do huge numbers and the UFC will also make a pretty penny. Everyone wins. And also stack the card.

1 Like

As much money as they will pay him, or don't take the fight. I hope it's a blockbuster event and both fighters get paid very well, Jones wins, pops hot for every drug under the sun, then runs Dana over in his Bentley while he's distracted from shooting out the window.

Then thanks God for his forgiveness and making him a stronger person 

1 Like
Soup and Beer -

This

Corn Pop -
Acidic - 

Thats how the business model works. Money coming in from the popular guys help pay the new guys who are just starting out with very little fan base. 

JBJ signed a contract for XYZ, if he doesn’t like it he should fire his manager. The UFC will continue on with or without JBJÂ