What is the best BJJ gi for competing?

I am just starting out in BJJ, and I am going to be buying my first gi. I have grappled no-gi for over ten years, but I want to try something new. I have no idea what brand is the best quality or anything like that. I would like to limit my spending to around 150 dollars or so. Any help is appreciated.

Just get one thats comfortable for you.  Gi's in the long run won't improve your game.  Don't buy anything flashy and let your BJJ show your skill.  Don't spend more than $150 and check out BJJHQ.com for good deals.

I will for sure thanks for the info.

Grips secret Weapon 2.0 is a nice one. Pretty light too. Phone Post 3.0

You should watch out as some are illegal for competition. Generally the fancier ones. Phone Post 3.0

Are you going to compete as a white belt?

If so get video! Phone Post 3.0

Generally I have found Valor Gis to last the longest for the price, followed by Atama (which appear to shrink more). Tatami just turns shit after a few washes. Scramble Gis are pretty unique and are of a tremendous quality too. Phone Post 3.0

MOYA brand and HCK are my favorites What size are you and how do you like it to fit? Phone Post 3.0

Most brands do a lightweight competition gi, I have the tatami zero g, not sure how much in dollars but it's about £80 very good quality, can't remember exactly how much it weighs but when I was researching it's one of the lighter gis out there and it looks great Phone Post 3.0

LiquidCobra - Generally I have found Valor Gis to last the longest for the price, followed by Atama (which appear to shrink more). Tatami just turns shit after a few washes. Scramble Gis are pretty unique and are of a tremendous quality too. Phone Post 3.0
Can vouch for Scramble, they are very good. Phone Post 3.0

I like bad boy ripstop for competition...they are light as a feather and rough on opponents fingers lol Phone Post 3.0

Atama mundial series Phone Post 3.0

HCK Phone Post 3.0

Jo'donnell-Davies - None. No gi fuh lyfe Phone Post 3.0
Buck naked?

I think that is frowned upon in the BJJ community. Phone Post 3.0

I will be competing as a white belt. I am 5'10 180, and I want my gi to fit me but not be so loose it works against me. It's strange, I have been around the MMA scene a long time, but I have never put on a gi or trained with one. I am taking notes and thanks for the help. This was my first thread in over ten years. I cannot wait to get started.

I like the Keiko Limited for competition.

Lightweight gi's seem too easy for opponents to get death grips on me, so I prefer a heavier, more abrasive fabric. Phone Post 3.0

I like the Atama Ultra Light Kimono. I found it on sale for 143 dollars. I am going to look a bit longer for some better prices, but so far this one has caught my attention.

Ripstop gi's aren't ibjjf legal. I have a ring to cage elite for when I compete, it's a solid top and isn't too fun to grip.

I've heard that the blue gis are better than the white gis. They give you extra technique.

Appreciate the info on the rip-stop gi BigDaddy15; I was just checking out the Badboy rip-stop. So far the Atama gi looks to be gi I like the best.