What is the best car/truck/suv of 2022/2023?

Use your own criteria

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m going to guess Honda CRV although I don’t really know for sure.

she’s a 94 but will outlive all of us. 120k on the odometer.

2 Likes

2022 Volvo S90 Inscription Recharge Extended Range

Why?

It is a plug in hybrid with 38 miles of range but then is a regular hybrid. Except it is 455 HP and 523 ft lbs of torque. It is unique, has all the tech out there, the best factory sound system available, and is a large sedan that can fit 5 adults comfortably. Fully equipped they are $75K.

4 Likes

I have two 99 Camry’s. Love them but I do like modern safety features

2 Likes

You also can’t go wrong picking anything Genesis makes. They make really nice vehicles.

2 Likes

I personally think the S Type Acura TL is the best family car ever made.

I don’t know if they still make them but my old boss had one. That car looked cool, was luxurious, and it was pretty quick.

That car was a V6 with the VTEC.

2 Likes

Cool cars, but they were plagued with transmission issues.

2 Likes

true. my truck will let me kill myself anytime i want. automatic nothing. power nothing. airbags? i don’t think so.

2 Likes

They got a new one called the S Type TLX

This is my official vote

1 Like

if you’re into going fast i guess psshh

I work for a state govt.

During our annual driving certification one of the instructors had stated that in practical application, any car with a single airbag per side, from mid 90’s to present is just as safe as the new cars. In a simulated environment of crash tests the new cars will perform better but looking into the severe injury & death rate of cars from mid 90’s on up hasn’t changed. He also went on to say if you really wanted to be safe in a car to just get a crown vic, town car, etc… as the frame on body with the airbags is tough to beat for any modern unibody car.

This instructor used to be a regulator for the insurance industry fwiw.

In short, I’d just drive the Camry & enjoy the easier repairs.

4 Likes

Corvette Z06

2 Likes

I like the engine in the new corvette but they’re damn ugly. Have been for several years. To each their own though.

2 Likes

I was think lane and breaking assist and pedestrian avoidance features

I think they are beautiful…

2 Likes

They are but RIP front engine

Gotcha.

I won’t own anything with intrusive interference as they annoy me & I find them dangerous. For someone who hasn’t had formal training & track time it very well may be different.

Your older Camry will probably last longer than the new ones though & be less expensive in doing it. Not as luxurious though.

Good luck with whichever you pick.

2 Likes

Like I said, to each their own. That’s why there’s so much variety out there

1 Like