What is the best rule set for a Grappling Compeition?

I keep track of my small teams grappling record. When we do a sub only tourney with no time limit are matches are over within 5 min over 95% of the time.
When OT is put in then we make it to OT 20% of the time. It’s like the early UFC’s.
Ufc 1-4 had no time limit and in around 60 fights only 2 lasted 15 min & both ended soon after. Then they put in a time limit and half the matches went to the time limit in ufc 5.
The more rules the more complex the match gets and the more strategies and the more arguing over points & more.
This one local tourney that had no time limit has one match last a half hour and when it did I talked to the other coach saying “can we just call it a draw?” When he said “no” I went to the guy running the event at 40 minutes and told him to call it a draw.
He agreed (these were blue belts that gassed at the 3 min mark & were lust lying there like beached whales desperately hoping we’d end the match or just shoot them).
These tourneys with no time limit make peope say
“Let’s get this over with” and they trade subs and it’s over fast.
Now I get some dumb coach may be unwilling to go with draw and let a match go on all day and tie up that table and ruin it for everyone but then the other local tourney rule set that was fun did this
Sub only.
10 min time limit.
Round robin
1 point for a sub win
Zero points for a draw or a loss
If u get 5-20 matches a division u will get a winner.
Many matches a draws but that doesn’t matter. What matters is u get matches over.
And u don’t spend your day hearing
“Pressure!”
“Be heavy.”
Which both basically mean
“Stall to u get a points or advantage win”
Like u hear being screamed at the 90% of tourneys that are boring.
U want the rule set that will make guys roll like they roll at class.
I only ran one tiny grappling thing ecer and I said
“U will roll til a sub. Or until the ref of the decision determines the match has become
Lame and stops it and awards a winner based on who was the guy that went harder for the sub.”
In that case tho u need refs that know that a RNC attempt that gets close but lasts only 5 seconds should be worth more than 6 minutes squeezing a headlock while hoping the ref thinks it’s a bulldog choke.
There are some good points in this thread.
But I’ve seen like every type of tiles tried for like 26 years and the 2 I listed
1- “Sub only- no time limit but informally stop ones that nothing happens”
2- “time limit matches- sub only but no sub is a draw and only sub wins get points towards winning the division cause allowing any points for a draw makes the guy in control play it safe.”
Yeah I know I’m a lame sub guy who can’t appreciate the beauty in the nuance of a win but advantage. I know.

Original pro wrestling rules. Dont laugh. Pinfall with a 3 count or submission. The most entertaining ruleset you could have

So no chokes? Like in catch?
In original pro wrestling rules did they allow u to wear a weapon on one hand like Iron Mike Sharp? Or to bring a snake in the ring?
Cause I’d compete as the lumberjack & use an axe or maybe a chainsaw

I would pay so much to watch prisoners fight with chainsaws.

I do like that point scoring style.
I always tell people that I like all my sweeps to be to dominant position. I do almost no sweeps into the other person’s guard. At the lightweights people prefer guard to passing, so why would we reward giving them that?.. On the other hand in an mma fight that would be desired.

And like I said,there’s always going to be “gaming”
If you score 2pts for side control… what if the other person recovers guard, but then you get back to side control? People just rack up points going back and forth from 1/2 guard to side control.

That’s why I just enjoy having the variety at this point.