What is the deal with shoguns cardio?

It's just weird to me how he seems to gas in his 5 round fights early and come on strong later on. Is it because he has good cardio he can do this or is it because he has more heart and average cardio? Like are some people just blessed with a quit no matter what type weird cardio or am I fucking baked!? Phone Post

well he fought differently in the 4th and 5th rounds than he did in the first 3 and expended much less energy and took virtually no damage

that right hand dan cracked him with early in the first that busted his eye open was brutal, probably took a lot of steam off him from the jump, similar to the knee he took from bones early, plus he had a huge layoff in that bones fight

I see your overall point though, his cardio is pretty rollercoaster-ish in general

He did have a gut though. You couldent see his name on his shorts because of it but awesome fight would love another fight shogun is class Phone Post

The Notorious OMG - well he fought differently in the 4th and 5th rounds than he did in the first 3 and expended much less energy and took virtually no damage

that right hand dan cracked him with early in the first that busted his eye open was brutal, probably took a lot of steam off him from the jump, similar to the knee he took from bones early, plus he had a huge layoff in that bones fight

I see your overall point though, his cardio is pretty rollercoaster-ish in general

This. Shogun should have fought like he did in the 4th and 5th. Phone Post

He's got a different type of cardio where he slows down quickly but never stops. Look at the Coleman fight. He was so sluggish, but his heart kept him going.

Dan kind of hit the cardio wall hard in the 4th/5th and basically stopped functioning. Phone Post

Auto-pilot, IMO. Phone Post

It's called heart. Henderson couldn't take it away from him. Jones did. Phone Post

I dont think the issue in this fight had anything to do with Shogun's cardio.

It was completely Hendo's cardio in the 4th and 5th rounds, that made it seem like Shogun had a burst of energy. Hendo was a dead man walking in the 5th round.

In reality, Shogun's pace stayed about the same, but once Hendo got completely gassed, Shogun was able to control the fight.

While Hendo still had his wheels, he was lambasting Shogun.

He never looks like he's in great shape. He doesn't ever look ripped

Less than stellar cardio, but amazing heart.

If only his cardio caught up.

0verrated - Its called getting punched in the face. Try getting out more.

Wtf is your problem homo. This is a question Phone Post

Darth Ryase - Less than stellar cardio, but amazing heart.

If only his cardio caught up.<br type="_moz" />

Agree