What is the "Glock" of rifles?

I want a good general purpose rifle. But I'd don't want spend a lot of time tuning it, just want something that goes bang every time.

I was thinking of Ruger 10/2 or something based in AK or M1 Phone Post 3.0

M249 SAW Phone Post 3.0

Get an AR? Phone Post 3.0

10/22 AK M1...

Dafuq?

Ak47 is the Glock of rifles. No question Phone Post 3.0

fastnotch331 -
Mike_in_CA - Ak47 is the Glock of rifles. No question Phone Post 3.0
Nope , AK to loose of a tolerance weapon to be compared to a glock. Phone Post 3.0
Are you high? Glocks are very loose Phone Post 3.0

MP15 Sport w/o forward assist

Forward assist on AR is poor hack design, glock would never do that. Phone Post 3.0

Rem 700 Phone Post 3.0

CCU Rifle is the correct answer.

How about an SKS? They're pretty accurate, fairly reliable, extremely customizable, good calibre size, and they're inexpensive.
I think $250 CAD can get you a brand new one at Cabelas. So if your gun "shits the bed", you could buy another one without breaking the bank. Phone Post 3.0

fastnotch331 -
TheSergeK -
fastnotch331 -
Mike_in_CA - Ak47 is the Glock of rifles. No question Phone Post 3.0
Nope , AK to loose of a tolerance weapon to be compared to a glock. Phone Post 3.0
Are you high? Glocks are very loose Phone Post 3.0
Been drinking , everyone has a embarrassing moment, but they aren't exactly stamped steel. Phone Post 3.0
He said bang every time, an AK is damn sure gonna go bang and get relatively close to target. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - M249 SAW Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

BJTT_MrAntichrist -
ShanTheMan - M249 SAW Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, mine was a pile of garbage in the Army. Phone Post 3.0

I would say the AK47, but the AR15 is much more reliable than the old "AK vs AR" argument would have you believe. 

The AR actually does more better in mud tests, because it is sealed up.  Even with the dust cover open, bolt closed, you can slap a shovel full of mud right at the dust cover and an AR will run like a champ.

On an AK, the loose tolerances hurt it when it comes to the mud test.  It lets too much in, and will fail.   

Having said that, the AK is definitely easier to get back up and running vs some amount of dirt or debris that shuts down an AR. 

IMO, on the old AK vs AR argument there are two things I have come to learn after buying several of each rifle, and watching a lot of torture tests and comparisons:

The AR is more reliable than AK people would have you believe

And the AK is more accurate than the AR people would have you believe

Glock with the g18 stock and 16in suppressor! Phone Post 3.0

kalashnikov hands down. Phone Post 3.0

Ruger Mini14. Indestructible. Plenty of aftermarket options. Very reliable. Phone Post 3.0

Plasma rifle in the 39 watt range.

Rott3n - kalashnikov hands down. Phone Post 3.0

I bought a Saiga sporter back when they were 299 from Classic Arms. 

I did the conversion all myself, it's absolutely badass.  Cool to have a real Russian AK made in the same factory where the man himself worked.  Too bad dipshit politicians have banned them from import and now they are crazy expensive. 

The AK is often referred to as the Glock of rifles. Or maybe it's the Glock is the AK of pistols. Either way, there you go. Phone Post 3.0