What is the most Awesome thing you've ever done?

MountainMedic,

Nice. Love stories about people fooling 'the system' through social engineering, amazing what some people get away with it. And who woulda thunk, in the end the truth actually paid off!

My best story in a similar vein is probably the time I impersonated a journalist from the local newspaper to hang with one of the biggest bands in Norway after their gig. Was a small venue so nothing resembling press credentials or stuff like that, I just walked up to them and said I was covering the show for the local paper and whether or not I could ask them a few questions. - Sure, go ahead. Ended up drinking with them all night, asking them about all kinds of weird shit, heh.

The Sweetness - someone want to help me with this

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/jephola/PlannedParenthood-web.jpg

smoogy - One time I decided to cut school and spent the whole day having fun with my best friend (who has a wicked convertible) and my girlfriend. At one point I even joined in a street parade and lip-synched "Danke Schoen" perfectly

Regardless of the dubious merits of your above listed accomplishments, the "my girlfriend" part still makes it a pretty strong contender.

Elvis - I've been lucky... hard work lucky... :) Fought in the UFC, Fought in the K-1 GP, Fought against World Champions, Fought for World Championships, Competed in ADCC, Competed in the Mundial, just to name a few cool things. :)

Elvis

Nice to see someone contributing to keep the thread topical! And would love to hear more about those experiences if you have any particular anecdotes or other cool stuff to share.

Squared Circle - 

:)
 voted up

jmacdoug - 
mrmetoo - Giving a girl a Rusty Trombone is towards the top of my list, but I'm a pretty fucking awesome person so I would have to think way too hard to find #1

it's not really a rusty trombone unless you are jacking a dick on the reacharound like playing a trombone... so I don't think that was a girl
That's exactly what I thought....

Thai Lady Boys don't count as "girls" dude....

It's not the most awesome thing but one of more fun and cooler things I've done is tell a defense attorney in open court during jury selection that I could never find someone guilty of breaking a law that I didn't agree with (like tax evasion) even if they were 100% guilty.

The judge flipped the fuck out and almost thru me in jail for contempt of court and told everyone that I had tainted the entire jury pool and dismissed everyone.

let me tell you, it is pretty scary when you are 24 and you have a Federal court judge scream at you that he should find you in contempt.

Ahhhhhhh youthful idealism.....

smoogy - One time I decided to cut school and spent the whole day having fun with my best friend (who has a wicked convertible) and my girlfriend. At one point I even joined in a street parade and lip-synched "Danke Schoen" perfectly

VTFU for the awesome Bueller reference.. I just watched that last night after work

The coolest thing I've ever done is be a dad, even though the kids aren't biologically mine, even though their mom passed on us 8 years ago.

I'm sure it doesn't sound awesome or hip, but it is.

Graduated HighSchool after growing up in and out of foster homes. 9 total. And 17 schools before I graduated. 

Pretty proud of that one.

Fought the UFC HW champ, fought the #1 SHW in the world as my first pro fight (got my arse handed to me). Won a HW title belt for a big ammy show. 

Pretty proud of those.

Benched 550 Raw and Natural, squatted 800.

Those were cool.

Ran a 6:20 mile as a Highschool junior at 270 pounds.

The most awesome thing I ever did, and the thing I am most proud of is this...

I never quit. I fail a lot. I just keep getting up and trying again.

I once created a thread that had over 10 responses.

UFC100

and I have something else awesome on the horizon too

MountainMedic - 

i'll play along

i am a high school dropout. felt like i had more interesting things to do at the time.

when i was 24 i lied my way into college, turns out they didn't really check that stuff the way you would thought back then.

i became a national honors student. i was asked to come into the deans office one day. hmmm, i thought. well, he just wanted to know why i had declined membership in the honors group. i said it was a waste of the little money i had, that i was completely paying my own way, and the$50 would buy alot of ramen, or at least a book. "hell son, if thats all it is, we have scholarships for that". I told him that i doubted that i qualified for any scholarships.

he went to say that because of my age, i probably qualified for a few other ones as well. so i went down and filled out all the paper work, and goddam if i didn't hhit the motherload of free money. in fact, they were gonna make it retroactive, meaning i would get a bunch of the money i had already spent back.

just one problem.... they said the last piece of paper work they needed was my high school transcripts. i basically said "yeah, be right back".

put em off for as long as i could, then just walked in and spilled my guts.

much to my surprise, they huddled up & said "we might be able to help you".

I was classified as "academically underprivelaged" and....thats right..... they gave me even more money!

maybe not the greatest, but its up there-MM

That is a really, really good story! Pretty freaking sweet. What did you end up studying?

I met late comedian Mitch Hedberg after one of his shows, ended up with him asking me for my phone number (huge for a 'celebrity') and paying for our hotel room that night.

One of the nicest human beings i have ever met.

Elias! long time buddy, how you been?

my entire goal was to become a parks officer. after looking at all of the requirements (diff types of degrees they were looking for, among other things) i stumbled on Outdoor Recreation Management. Seemed a hell of alot more fun than hydrology, dendrology, blah blah blah. Basically I majored in recess.

But to be honest, it wasn't all fun and games. Lots of business, some psych, lots of program management. I had a good time and actually learned alot more than I expected to. I did real well my 1st semester and (for the first time in my life) got really into doing the best I could do in an academic setting. I became so motivated that I was taking up to 26 units a semester. I had to write letters & get letters of rec to prove I was able to handle the load, lol. I think thats part of what helped me out when I finally came clean.

I was lucky to have some great teachers, one of which actually taught me the concept of the socratic method by modeling it each & every day. He taught me (and hundreds of others) how to learn. As an educator myself now, I still use his style and have been able to help others like myself.... folks who generally feel like they don't really belong there.

-MM

nothing for me tops the birth of my daughter

KahL -  Most awesome thing I've ever done?:

haha good shit KahL

No where close to the most awesome thing I have done (that would likely be a much more heavy story) but in the same vein as the OP.

I was bouncing and a big British dude comes up to the door and i stop him to show his ID.  He laughed and tried to push by me.  I stopped him and said he needed to show ID. 

He got angry and said he "...didn't have any...but that that was OK, because he was British." About this time his friends show up and they are antsy. 

So I tell him no id, no drinks (it was the policy unfortunately), he starts getting pissed and keeps saying.."I'm from England...I don't need and ID." 

Finally I say, "Listen, your in America and you need to follow our rules...." 

He gets right in my face and says "Well, I think your rules are stupid..."  and at this point a fight with a bunch of hooligans seems iminent...

I respond with "Yeah, well I think having a Queen is stupid...but who am i to judge..."  

The whole group busts out laughing and shakes my hand and heads to the next bar. 

Maybe not as exciting as the times things turned violent, but if you were there, it was pretty awesome. 

NateTurnedMaiaLightsOff - 
Squared Circle - 

:)
 voted up

blue snobs

BROCKP4PNO1 - For da sweetness:

WP my friend. Even better though would have been something along the lines of "Fetus Schmetus, who cares?" or "What if Hitler had been aborted?"

EDIT: Keep the arrow, change the text to: "Abortion could have spared us from these nutcases."

thanks brockp4pn01

these jerks have been doing this every monday in front of the only planned parenthood in town. the ladies that work there came out and gave me an applause a hug and a pair of gloves. the best part of the day was getting the kids to question their father why they were really out there. now they protest on random days in the hopes that i don't come back. 

well..... if we are telling bouncer stories.... i wouln't let rob van winkle into a club i was working cause he didn't have id. he DID have a "gold" plated ice ice baby cd hanging on a chain, which he kept grabbing and trying to show me. he actually said "don't you know who i am?"

i said i didn't give a shit who he was, no id, not getting in.

when he tried to step forward anyway i put my hand on his chest and looked at the giant he was with and said "he really doesn't want to do this, does he?"

his body gaurd laughed and said "no he doesn't, i got this". half walked, half dragged his boy out.

and i swear (!!!) i ran into him in a hotel lobby in LA 8 years later and he walked right up to me and gave me  the handshake/bro hug. you could tell he recognized me, but had no idea why so just assumed we were "cool".