What is the most disturbing thing you have ever

seen in person?

People die I guess. Phone Post 3.0

Your mom in the shower Phone Post 3.0

Jackass faith healer.

Jackass Transcendental Meditation conman.

Gang slaying in front of Crazy Horse Too.

Bouncer beatdown of schizophrenic dude.

in that order. I feel reasonably sheltered at this moment.

4 later if I can even type it

Attempted to bag a 33 year old motorcycle victim.

He had bones in his leg sticking through his pants and his boot degloved his foot. Meaning the skin of his foot tore off and all of it was hanging by his big toe. All those muscles and tendons exposed.

He had rode rash that ground his elbow into a pulp so that it was like severed in half. Like someone took a belt sander and ground his elbow down to half it's width.

We tried to bag him to get air but air and blood came out of his ear instead of going into his lungs. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe worse than that was this guy who brought his father in. He was supposed to be taking care of him but it was clear that his father was just put on a floor with food and water to give him.

He has ulcers all over his body that were festering and oozing and smelt horrific. You could see threw the muscle tissue down to the bone.

His father weighed 89 lbs and was covered in piss shit blood and puss.

I wanted to crush the guy. Father died 3 days later. Social services investigated. Phone Post 3.0

Another bad one was a 2 year old. At 9am grandmother accidently pored boiling water on her arm, face and hands. 3rd degree and it burned down to the fatty tissue.

Grandma didn't get help. Mom comes home at 5pm and then at 9pm brings the daughter in.

Clearly by now infection has set in and I'm sure that waiting this long will horrifically disfigure the poor child.

Kid didn't even flinch. Phone Post 3.0

Now that I think about it..... I could do this all day. Phone Post 3.0

Attempted to revive a 4 year old who was run over by a car. Just a crumpled pile of tissue. Sad to see his shirt... I love mom.. covered in blood as you try anything to save this kid.

His mom just screaming threw the emergency department is something I'll never forget.

Another bad one... a nurse just gave narcan to a patient and was bagging him. I was in the other trauma room about to get my patient. He screams at her and gets up and choke slams her into a wall.

I pull him off her. He was mad because she took his high away which saved his life. Phone Post 3.0

Are you a paramedic sourcheese? Phone Post 3.0

I watched a lady have a heart attack walking into Wal Mart. She was just out of breath at first, and as people started gathering around her, you could see both her embarrasment of causing a scene along with her being so scared. I guess she went into full arrest and she lost consciousness, and they attempted to shock her back and performed CPR. A guy I worked with was friends with the stores manager, and he found out she indeed did die. From start until ambulance left was about 10 minutes, but it changed me as a person. I get irrate if I see an older person in distress or in need of help, and people gather around to gawk at them. It shook me so bad to watch this lady that I didn't know, but to see her face and watch her fade away. I still tear up thinking about it, like right now typing this post. Poor lady. To know she died alone in front of a bunch of fucking idiots changed part of me forever.

Ed nurse in Brockton ma. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck dying at Walmart Phone Post 3.0

I saw a man and a woman (driver) arguing in their car at a red light with a baby in the back. The man got out of the car, pissed off and was apparently headed back to a bar across the street. The woman floored the pedal and ran him over. He was caught underneath the car and got dragged a bit (she only went about 15 feet), and then threw it in reverse and ran him over again. She got out of the car and began yelling at his lifeless body shit like "You ain't dead! Get up!", all while their poorbaby was in the car crying. 

This happened in front of many witnesses and I guess the whole story is that the guy was in the bar visiting a few friends and his girlfriend was pissed off and went there to drag him back home. The vision of him getting run over is something I'll never forget.

sourcheese - Attempted to revive a 4 year old who was run over by a car. Just a crumpled pile of tissue. Sad to see his shirt... I love mom.. covered in blood as you try anything to save this kid.

His mom just screaming threw the emergency department is something I'll never forget.

Another bad one... a nurse just gave narcan to a patient and was bagging him. I was in the other trauma room about to get my patient. He screams at her and gets up and choke slams her into a wall.

I pull him off her. He was mad because she took his high away which saved his life. Phone Post 3.0
She should have titrated the narcan just to get him breathing effectively. Nothing worse than having a pissed off junkie on your hands. Phone Post 3.0

sourcheese - Attempted to revive a 4 year old who was run over by a car. Just a crumpled pile of tissue. Sad to see his shirt... I love mom.. covered in blood as you try anything to save this kid.

Fuck man...

Wow you guys have seen some absolutely FUCKED up shit! I can't even think of anything now after reading some of those. Phone Post 3.0

I saved a woman's life. 87 year old on coumadin. She was having abdominal pain and she came from triage to me. I start an iv on her and she opens her mouth and literally 1 lage soda bottle worth of blood comes out of her mouth and then it starts poring out of her ass.

I hit the code button, screamed to the secretary to get 4 units in cross matched blood and call a code grey. (Patient bleeding out) as the troops come I literally put 4 iv s in her in like 5 minutes and we just start working.

Within 1 hour we have her 4 units ffp, started her on 2 different drips, gave her 3 large bags of normal saline to get her volume up, and gave her 4 units of blood in cross matched (meaning we grabbed type o blood) and 2 units of blood for her blood type.

Was myself, 1 other nurse, 1 paramedic, and the ed dr. He did the slickest intubation I ever saw.

She went to icu where endoscopy team prepped and they found an arterial bleed in her stomach. She coded for them. They brought her back and she went to another hospital via life flight.

Last I checked she was excubated and lived Phone Post 3.0

Some black guy on a plane 27 years ago. His entire body, especially face was covered in lightbulb looking (and almost same size as a lightbulb) blisters.

Still wonder to this day wtf and how awful his life was. Phone Post 3.0