What is the most unexpected submission

photo anderson-silva-ryo-chonan_zps22ffb220.jpg

also mir subbing nog

cole Miller was a purple belt when he submitted Mr. Jorge Gurgel, very respected Black Belt.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Jim Miller subbing Fabricio Camoes. Phone Post 3.0
And oliviera Phone Post 3.0

At training a couple of weeks ago a 170lb white belt flying arm bared a 220lb black belt. So I think something that doesn't require to many steps like a flying arm bar.

Tito vs Bader

Mir vs Traven

2breath2feel -
TRUE although now looking back at it, it SHOULDNT have been so unexpected seeing how green to the UFC he was. Phone Post 3.0

hughes over gsp

I was rather surprised when chael subbed shogun. Phone Post 3.0

HandyDarsh -
2breath2feel -
TRUE although now looking back at it, it SHOULDNT have been so unexpected seeing how green to the UFC he was. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah and Jim has been a black belt for a long time and I think Oliveira was only a brown at the time. Phone Post 3.0

Odin13 - I was rather surprised when chael subbed shogun. Phone Post 3.0
Definitely this too Phone Post 3.0

Don Frye's heel hook of Mark Hall in Ultimate Ultimate II.

Not bad, since in his entire career he's only won by submission twice.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
HandyDarsh -
2breath2feel -
Yeah and Jim has been a black belt for a long time and I think Oliveira was only a brown at the time. Phone Post 3.0
The hype train was real at the time for oliveira. Millers always going to be under rated it seems too.
Respect Phone Post 3.0

BigWilliam - 
ShakaSway - Anderson tapping out Lutter. Goldberg was shocked Phone Post 3.0

Well Lutter is the Michael Jordan of BJJ after all.

hahaha. He did lock it up quickly, but the most surprising thing was that Chael wasn't forced to tap in an earlier round. With so many exceptional talents to keep sharp, the man just didn't have time to practice defending submissions.

OK, it's well known that Frye-Hall was a work, but the FUCKING ANSWER is Wallid Ismail choking out Royce Gracie in December of '98. The entire BJJ community was utterly gob smacked over that one.

Kevin Burns submitting Roan Carneiro was a surprise at the time. Also, both Mir and Werdum subbing Big Nog.

TonyBarbernhb -  photo anderson-silva-ryo-chonan_zps22ffb220.jpg
Took a long time for someone to say the right answer Phone Post 3.0

Chael Shogun was areal shocker to me.

Found Pettis Bendo pretty surprising too, thought Petis might get a TKO or something but did not see a sub coming Phone Post 3.0

Hughes vs Almeida

Jones making shogun tap was shocking, but not as bad at Serra making GSP cry uncle. That was just unreal .