What is the penalty for stealing $10 of food?

Well, ive hit hard times and I am about to go shoplift food from a hess or a supermarket. Cant believe its come to this but im starving.

Does anyone know the penalties for shoplifting under 20 dollars? I am prepared to accept some punishment as I cant imagine I would get into tons of trouble over 10 dollars of food. Just want to know what I might be walking into. Phone Post 3.0

Apparently, the punishment is getting choked out by an OGer in the parking lot.

Stealing isn't right, there are food banks and other ways to go about getting food.

Where are you located? Phone Post 3.0

Pic of empty fridge gets you a pizza. Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky - Pic of empty fridge gets you a pizza. Phone Post 3.0

Pic of your dick gets you a meatlovers

Hope it isn't that bad, however if it is, hotels can sometimes be an easy source of food. Look for anything like a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn or La Quinta even and hit up their lobby during breakfast hours. Try to be well dressed or look like you belong there. If you get good at it you can get a nice little rotation going between hotels, the key is not showing up too often aka be forgettable.

Regardless of the severity of one's criminal intent, it's not a good idea to post them online. Phone Post 3.0

Im in upstate ny. Out of work due to hearing aids breaking. Im losing my mind. Id never normally do this but fuck man Phone Post 3.0

OP, what will it take to get your hearing aids fixed/replaced and back to work?

What can you sell/pawn? Phone Post 3.0

It should be children and pets murdered.

detroitdevon - OP, what will it take to get your hearing aids fixed/replaced and back to work?
Thousands. I am currently in the process of applying for medicaid. My only option at this point. Phone Post 3.0

BTW I am not rich by any means myself but I would be down to order you a pizza tomorrow night, just pm me your address and local big chains nearby (dominoes, papa johns, pizza hut, etc) and I'll order online with tip covered and everything.

I say tomorrow night because I don't get paid until tomorrow and these school supplies I just bought for my kids killed me this weekend.

Dumpster dive.

Cire - What can you sell/pawn? Phone Post 3.0
Did that weeks ago. Cant sell my phone cause its cracked and virtually worthless. I sold everything of value but seriously, does anyone know the punishment? Phone Post 3.0

SomeonesInMyFruitCellar - 
detroitdevon - OP, what will it take to get your hearing aids fixed/replaced and back to work?
Thousands. I am currently in the process of applying for medicaid. My only option at this point. Phone Post 3.0

Are you a veteran by any chance?

detroitdevon - BTW I am not rich by any means myself but I would be down to order you a pizza tomorrow night, just pm me your address and local big chains nearby (dominoes, papa johns, pizza hut, etc) and I'll order online with tip covered and everything.

I say tomorrow night because I don't get paid until tomorrow and these school supplies I just bought for my kids killed me this weekend.
I appreciate that offer but I cant take that, man. Phone Post 3.0

If it's that bad, go to a food bank.  They don't judge, and you can get some proper real food that you can easily cook.

detroitdevon -
SomeonesInMyFruitCellar - 

Are you a veteran by any chance?
I am not Phone Post 3.0