What is the right age to...

The ginger kid will be in jail by 16... You can just tell. lol

What a fucking JOKE that is.  One downfall with MMA gaining popularity is going to be the dads who are too fat and outta shape to fight, who PUSH their kids into fighting so they can live their dream thru their kid. 

I dont think a kid should be able to fight in "MMA" until 15 or 16... Theres NO protection (pads) on those kids and that is just wrong. 

16 or 17 is the right age to start fighting.

http://www.newempirellc.com/index.html

let them know...

That's the kind of shit the anti-MMA crowd would love to get a hold of. THose parents should be locked up.

TOWE, where are my shorts?

^ OK, I wanna know why Towe has your shorts George? LOL

Probably promoted by Michael Vick.

email sent to DCFS and athletic commission.

http://www.asac.arkansas.gov/

BTW, I know heddy posted this video in another thread. But I wanted to know peoples thoughts on the right age kids should start fighting and no one responded. So I decided to write a thread.

I think it's ok to start training at a young age, but not fighting like these kids. I agree with most of you... 16 should be the proper age to fight.

interesting, on the arkansas AC site, i found their pdf of rules and regs...

http://www.asac.arkansas.gov/pdfs/rules_regs.pdf

page 6, part 5, paragraph 1

"The Commission shall have the authority to appoint and issue annual

licenses to all boxers, wrestlers, managers, matchmakers, promoter,

referee, physician, timekeeper, judges, or other person arranging,

participating in, or otherwise dealing in matches and exhibitions regulated

by the Commission.  Under no circumstances will a license be issued to a

participant under the age of eighteen (18).  Fees for said licenses shall be

established by the Commission."

Horrible. How is that even legal.

This is just my opinion.

-Kids will get into fights all the time,better it be supervised than in the streets.

-Less likely a chance of them being bullied as a youth when they have already pulled a flying gogoplata in a fight.

-I would rather my kid do something productive than set around playing video games and watching cartoons all day.

-All sports are inherently dangerous.The worst injury I ever had in life was playing Little League baseball.I broke my leg in 3 places.

yeah i definitely feel dirty watching that. 16 sounds appropriate. and make drinking age 18 while ur at it.

Those of you who are parents, would you support your child fighting in a fight like this?

"and make drinking age 18 while ur at it."

ive been saying that since i was first in the military, and they are now finally talking about making the drinking age 18 for those in the service, and stationed in foreign lands.

yeah i think it's ridiculous that 18-20 year-old americans are given the responsibility of killing enemies but aren't responsible enough to drink a miller lite

^ OK, I wanna know why Towe has your shorts George? LOL

Lol. Rara's jealous!!! :)

"yeah i think it's ridiculous that 18-20 year-old americans are given the responsibility of killing enemies but aren't responsible enough to drink a miller lite"

not to mention that at age 18, you legally become an adult - yet not adult enough to buy alcohol? you can buy a pack of smokes and help decide this countries fate by voting, but cant have a martini?

blasphemy

Thats really upsetting. You have kids that young putting their life on the line without even realizing it.

Train whenever your old enough to take it seriously. Do some amatuer wrestling and grappling when your parents and coaches are comfortable with it.

Ammy MMA at 16 with the gear. Turn pro at 18.

Youre not missing out on anything and will have a gigantic leg up on the rest.

On the other hand if you have knee, shoulder, neck and brain injuries before youve even stopped growing, you wont go anywhere.

BTW nice reffering there did that guy train under Peoples?

He stands them up from mount and lets it keep going when the crowd is even saying to stop it.