What is the Shaky Hands Thing?

Many people around age 45-55 have shaky hands when doing complex hand movements like trying to put something in something else.

Is this carpal tunnel syndrome or some other disease? I find that many many middle aged people shake when they have to put batteries in something, fiddling with small objects, etc Phone Post 3.0

DTs

Are they on a troop carrier on its way to Utah beach? Phone Post 3.0

RefriedJinx - Many people around age 45-55 have shaky hands when doing complex hand movements like trying to put something in something else.

Is this carpal tunnel syndrome or some other disease? I find that many many middle aged people shake when they have to put batteries in something, fiddling with small objects, etc Phone Post 3.0

I don't know what you are talking about. I know lots of older people get the shakes from Parinsons ot maybe some dementia as they get old.

I haven't noticed shakiness in that many 45-55 year olds though...

Mine is from coffee. Phone Post 3.0

bruddahoodaman - Are they on a troop carrier on its way to Utah beach? Phone Post 3.0
The term you're looking for is HIGGINS BOAT Phone Post 3.0

Im 46 and I had this often when I was boozing a lot. Not while I was intoxicated but the following mornings. I've been sober for almost 9 months and haven't had the "shakes" since other than a few episodes of low blood sugar. Phone Post 3.0

They're called tremors. Lots of people get them. Old or not. Phone Post 3.0

My father and sister both have "essential tremor"  It is pretty awful and I hope I don't end up with it.

I've had them since my teenage years. :'(

Is there a cause for what you guys are talking about? Like repeated head trauma or something?

Is it genetic. Do they even diagnose you with something or you just have the shakes and try to ignore it?

Hurtsogood - Is there a cause for what you guys are talking about? Like repeated head trauma or something?

Is it genetic. Do they even diagnose you with something or you just have the shakes and try to ignore it?

Genetic in the majority of cases but can also come from brain trauma, surgery etc. 

They do diagnose it as Essential Tremor and they actually have medications that are designed to minimize it. 

Some people get it so bad that writing, eating with a spoon etc. are nearly impossible. My sister and dad actually have special eating utensils that are designed to self-stabilize for bad days. 

ryanJ - 
Hurtsogood - Is there a cause for what you guys are talking about? Like repeated head trauma or something?

Genetic in the majority of cases but can also come from brain trauma, surgery etc. 

They do diagnose it as Essential Tremor and they actually have medications that are designed to minimize it. 

Some people get it so bad that writing, eating with a spoon etc. are nearly impossible. My sister and dad actually have special eating utensils that are designed to self-stabilize for bad days. 

Damn, that's rough. Hopefully you can avoid getting it yourself. Good luck to your family.