What kind of numbers do you think Bellator gets..

For there Spike debut the 17th?

Number of viewers

I believe they are following TNA wrestling which averages 1 million viewers I believe, someone correct me if I have that wrong

Ttt

liquidrob - I believe they are following TNA wrestling which averages 1 million viewers I believe, someone correct me if I have that wrong

Yep

The UFC got a pretty good carryover from WWE fans back when they were just starting off on Spike in 2005.  I see no reason to believe that TNA fans will be any different.  I expect most of the TNA audience will stick around to watch Bellator and get them within spitting distance of a million viewers.

I bet they do at least almost as good as TUF. Phone Post

Ttt

I say 1.1 million for the first show easy. There is a lot of hype surrounding the premiere and the fact that there are two titles up for grabs.

They will get the hardcores of course, the casuals because its on Spike, and a solid bump from the TNA lead in.

I'm gonna guess under a million viewers for their first show, but I seriously hope they do well. I've been watching/attending events since the first season and it's awesome to see them finally reach what they have been working towards. My only gripe is the 10 - 12am timeslot.  Getting up at 3-4am the next morning is going to absolutely suck, but I'm willing to sacrifice some sleep for Bellator.

How does MMA Uncensored do number wise?

Last I read MMA uncensored did around 500k, or somewhere around that, maybe 600

I'm not sure, but I'll be watching and I'm glad it will be moving to spike. I'm very grateful to have an MMA brand like them still going strong.

liquidrob - Last I read MMA uncensored did around 500k, or somewhere around that, maybe 600

Well that's a good sign I guess. Basically the same time slot, and If that many people are willing to tune in to watch people talk about MMA, I'm sure a good amount will tune in to watch actual live fighting.

liquidrob - Last I read MMA uncensored did around 500k, or somewhere around that, maybe 600

I believe they did a bit over 500k once when Mo was on, I think ratings for the show averaged below that.

I'd say 700-800k they could do, under 700k is a disaster given the network has been built up by the UFC already and they are following TNA.

caposa - 

I'm gonna guess under a million viewers for their first show, but I seriously hope they do well. I've been watching/attending events since the first season and it's awesome to see them finally reach what they have been working towards. My only gripe is the 10 - 12am timeslot.  Getting up at 3-4am the next morning is going to absolutely suck, but I'm willing to sacrifice some sleep for Bellator.

How does MMA Uncensored do number wise?

The first show isnt the question its the third show that i wonder about.

The first two shows having the debut and two title fights and then Mo and Askren they should do well, whats the third show gonna look like thats gonna tell us what Bellator on Spike is really capable of.

Well, if the first 2 shows are great the 3rd should do well, the fights need to be exciting, hopefully they don't turn into duds

Like when SF had 3 titles and all of them came off bad, it happens, luck of the draw

Bellator 360 which was the first bit if Bellator content to air on Spike averaged 513,000 during the second hour with zero promotional push. Proves that people tune in to Spike for MMA.

Pretty sure the debut will pull 1 million plus because they have making one hell of a promotional push.

Double

Thanks for the numbers

IMO.

Bellator could do much better by producing and selling event DVDS.

It would bring in a big revenue stream and put their name out there to be more known by common fans.

I realize that promotions like Bellator, Strikeforce and more don't because they want to get paid by tv revenue in case they get picked up as programming but I think that they are doing a dis-service to themselves by not promoting their brand.

A case in point. KOTC was a small market brand that put out event DVDs and became a more known name with more recongnizable fighters as a result.

There is a reason why the UFC puts out event DVDs and has their fights available on-line.

I suspect somewhere between 900,000 to 1 million.  TNA is a good lead in, but 10pm on a weeknight is really a horrible timeslot.