What Made The Fedor/UFC Deal Fail?

PolloLocco is correct

Finkelstein wanted to co-promote M1 / UFC shows in Russia like he did with Bodog as part of the deal. Dana said no (makes PERFECT sense IMO) and misses out on Fedor. I'd guess letting your star new purchase fight in a couple of grappling tournaments is small potatoes compared to risking losing control of your brand.

Isn't it pretty clear Fedor never had any intentions to sign with UFC?

He looked to basically be using them to drive up the value of his contract with the M-1 and others he may fight for.

He does not seem to like to travel so far to the U.S. and let's face facts, Fedor is pretty picky at the level of competition he steps up against.

It took Pride years of demanding and posturing to make Fedor finally step up and face Mirko Cro Cop, at a time when most though Cro Cop to be the top guy at HW.

You can bet Fedor will pick and chose his opponents very carefully, which is simply not possible in the UFC.

I had a dream to catch Couture at +350 or some crazy shit like that, but it will probably never happen now and if the fight ever does happen over seas, all bets are off for me.

Lol @ the GIF's.

"Brigham temper tantrum in 5... 4... 3... "

Cindy being wrong about everything she writes and then claims shes a good journalist in 3...2....1....

We'll probably never know for sure. Fedor himself is the only one I would believe, the rest are paid professional liars.

Like others have said if you think it was just about sambo you're missing a very big piece of the story.

Take the evidence that M1 didn't just sign Fedor and let him do sambo....an as of yet unknown company had to BUY M-1 (which just happens to be run by Finklestein, fedor's manager) just to get Fedor's services...then factor in the interview with Dana where he said the negotiations were more about Fedor's managers then Fedor and it paints a pretty good picture of what was going on.

Fedor's management wanted control of the UFC for an event in Russia with all of Finkelstein fighters involved. What promotion would accept such a deal? Fedor's guys are to blame.