What made you realize that religion is BS?

I will start

Jesus will rise from the dead

Moses parted the seas

Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus

Santa Claus not giving poor kids good gifts Phone Post 3.0

My parents are highly intelligent successful atheists who did not raise me not to question the bullshit fairy tales that religion preach. Phone Post 3.0

Neil McCauley - My parents are highly intelligent successful atheists who did not raise me not to question the bullshit fairy tales that religion preach. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting how old are your parents?

When my brother committed suicide and they told me he was going to hell as punishment.

I still carry a grudge on that one. Phone Post 3.0

All the preachers out there suckin on little boys dicks

when I was medically dead in the hospital for 30seconds from a heart attack and I didnt get 72 virgins. Phone Post

A picture of the vast universe solidified it for me. Phone Post 3.0

1. Religious people having to expend effort NOT to actually understand and issues they preached about.

2. The bigotry and hatred they preach. Some, maybe even most Christians are worried about people going to hell, but a very, very large percentage are quite happy to think others will suffer torture for eternity. They get a real sense of Schadenfreude when they think about their group being saved and all others dammed. I do not want to spend eternity with such assholes.

3. Actually READING the Bible.

4. Doing as they said and actually, really asking "Jesus to come into my heart"....and feeling nothing.

5. Them telling me that I must not have really asked.

6. My maternal grandparents being of "different" religions and each insisting the other was going to hell. (one was Baptist, the other Church of Christ, I've been to both and cant tell a dimes bit of difference).

Common sense and the fact that people are full of shit Phone Post 3.0

When I was a kid (7-8 yrs old), arguing with my grandma how it made no sense that God existed forever, and how he can't be three people and one. She couldn't explain it, and just got angry with me, that's when I first realized it was BS. Phone Post 3.0

The idea of a loving and merciful god juxtaposed with the overwhelming violence, madness, and suffering in the world.

Christians generally explain this away by attributing the world's problems to sin, which results from human free will. But I don't believe free will can possibly exist alongside the Christian characterization of God's nature.

just the whole having faith in something that seems so ridiculous and having to live by rules and shit. 

how about just being a good person?

and the fact that most religions are asking money from everyone

dojo stormer -

just the whole having faith in something that seems so ridiculous and having to live by rules and shit. 

how about just being a good person?

and the fact that most religions are asking money from everyone

This. It just sums it up beautifully :-D Phone Post 3.0

Windy City - 
Neil McCauley - My parents are highly intelligent successful atheists who did not raise me not to question the bullshit fairy tales that religion preach. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting how old are your parents?

my dad is 66 and my mom is 57

growing up religious has to really terrible for a kids brain development. You basically hear all this bullshit, and ofcourse the kids going to have all sorts of questions, but there are no concrete answers, just blind faith, and that kind of naivety translates over to any attempt to rationalize anything. A Good example is this fucking goof who came on joe rogans podcast with a list of top 10 pseudo scientists or whatever and was completely unable to think of things rationally. He grew up as some kind of religious nut and it really stunted his thinking.

Too much to list.

Neither of my parents were religious, but both encouraged me to try going to church when I was about 10. I went with neighbors that were all about the church and the whole lifestyle that came with it. My sister who was 5 years younger than me followed me because she wanted to do everything I did. I started to realize shortly after a year of it I didn't want to blindly follow and didn't really understand what was the point in putting faith into something that couldn't understand or see proof of so I stopped going. Was still slightly open to it though. My sister kept going. One day she came home crying because she missed the ride to church and was completely distraught. My mom and I kept asking her questions until she admitted she was so upset because the neighbors told her that if she didn't go to church she was definitely going to hell. After that I refused to believe and refused to be polite to those that pushed their beliefs on me. Alot of that was out of anger but I will not associate myself with people that would traumatize a 5 year like that. A lot of people of the church are nice around here but they're all judge mental as can be. I do believe that the message of being a good person, helping and being apart of the community is great but outside that, fuck im Phone Post 3.0

Seeing how ridiculous young earth creationist were. Back when I first started learning about evolution in grade school and seeing idiots with their heads in the sand. Really opened my eyes. Phone Post 3.0

Slayer lyrics Phone Post 3.0