What makes a great regional event?

Hey there UG! 

What ,in your opinion, makes a regional combat sports event great? We all enjoy our Friday/Saturday night pugilism but what do you savages of the underground think really takes a regional event to that next level? 

Also: Would the any of the following make a difference in your entertainment with a show/your desire to come back to the next one?

Theatrical walkouts (light shows, smoke, maybe some visuals or highlight reel footage of the fighter ,if they provide it, on the screens etc.)

mixed rules cards consisting of MMA, Muay Thai, and Boxing in the cage -if the commission will sanction it,

Regional cross over athletes (local powerlifters, semi-pro or college football/rugby guys, etc.)

If you have any other ideas or feedback I’m open to all input! Thanks for your time reading this, wishing everyone health and stability during these crazy times! 

What about a one night 4 man No-Gi tournament added in there? Would the idea only provide entertainment with a specific ruleset over another in the opinion of my grappling aficionados? 

MMA and Kickboxing mixed cards are pretty common around me. I don't think most average people would get into the no-gi though. 

Sell beer. Have local guys fight out of towners. Get some super slutty looking ring card girls and parade them around as much as possible.  

1 Like

Also, PACING. Make sure the event starts on time and goes at a good pace. No long breaks in the action. 

1 Like

Someone I know on the card. That's it.

Aren’t you the guy that wanted ring boys instead of ring girls? Years ago 

Nicktheissue265 -

What about a one night 4 man No-Gi tournament added in there? Would the idea only provide entertainment with a specific ruleset over another in the opinion of my grappling aficionados? 

No one wants to watch grappling exceptnother grapplers. However many actual grapplers you expect to show up are the only tickets that will sell. Superfights in cages with unknowns is gay af