What makes someone become a SJW?

The war on masculinity and not having a father figure is the answer. If only someone taught these kids to punch a bully in the face, defend his family to the death and judge a person based on their character rather than their skin color. A father can teach his kids not only to not cry wolf but to also not cry racist such as some of the weak men on this site. 

A desire to fit in, I imagine.  And social brainwashing convinces you that is what women want in a man.

Low test if you’re a dude. 

Morbid obesity or a case of the fuglees if you’re a chick. 

Nitecrawler -

Low test if you’re a dude. 

Morbid obesity or a case of the fuglees if you’re a chick. 

Bingo.

For me, it was a deep ethical commitment to the ideal that all people are equally entitled to respect and recognition as valid human beings. But I can't speak for anyone else.

Ask THN

So they can virtue signal on the internet.

Pustak -

For me, it was a deep ethical commitment to the ideal that all people are equally entitled to respect and recognition as valid human beings. But I can't speak for anyone else.

So basically judging people based on their character rather than their skin color?

Mental Illness + poor fitness + genetic predisposition to an ugly appearance = SJW

Its usually when a teen goes to college and they have a phase of sjw’ism. Then when they wise up they abandon it as they get world experience. Ive seen in my time here og’rs start as sjw’s that are now centrist or conservatives. 

The exact same impulse that made people burn witches.

Group mob, get em mentality. Attack someone else so nobody attacks me.

Trifive -

Bad parenting. 

And participation trophies 

Blizass -
Pustak -

So basically judging people based on their character rather than their skin color?

The opposite

Never_rolled -
Pustak -

Sorry you were raised by a single mom.

I receive your sympathy in exactly the same sense that it was meant. But what in my post gave you the impression that this was the case?

Blizass -
Pustak -

I think my view of it would be more like not judging people at all, within reason.

I also don’t think there are to many blue collar sjws. And when they heard of the sjws they got pissed and voted trump in. 

Pustak -
Blizass -
Pustak -

I think my view of it would be more like not judging people at all, within reason.

But judging people and holding them accountable is the way to improve someone.

The playing fields are level in 2018, women can vote and seven in the infantry. Blacks have been free for quite some time. Trailer park trash know that their meth addiction is what keeps them unemployed.

I think it’s a form of rebellion. Kids don’t go sit in their room and blast metal music anymore, or sad emo music, or Limp Bizkit. 

It is the new “my parents don’t understand me” fad. Except their parents rebelled by the earlier examples, so now they are doing the opposite, to be “unique.” It will pass. 

Pustak -

I used to be a virtue signaler too. I used to think I was the creamy little center of the universe and I was the chosen one, the only one who could save it. Then I grew up in my head, I understood that all I knew was that I know not. It is curious to me, that most who label themselves such, a social justice warrior, meet none of the requirements to equivocate themselves to any of the 3 words. They are not social, for their hidden disdain of what truly makes a society function is apparent to all but themselves. They claim to seek justice for others, but have a shallow and selfish view of what justice is. They seek justice for the sake of their own conscience and ego, despite claiming to rise beyond ego. They are not warriors, they are soldiers. A warrior takes a stand against overwhelming odds, displays bravery, and is led by conviction rather than emotion. A soldier is a follower, one who obeys orders, one who must conform in thought, action, and appearance. Although they may display discipline, which is commendable in any form, the soldiers fight is not always a righteous one. The "SJW" most commonly is not a believer in Gods laws or moral absolutism, yet they often claim to be moral authority. They may not even accept consequentialism. It is a movement of a new thought, although a flawed one, the idea that because I fight I must be right. So if we are to label them what they are by their own admission, they are not social justice warriors. They are deconstructive opinion soldiers.

ChomskyBlackBelt -

What exactly do you classify as an SJW OP?

Someone who promotes feminism and identity politics. Antifa included of course. 

I’m seriously confused on what they are fight for anymore. Again, if we judge people on their character we can move forward. If a guy is a nazi he’s not gonna have to many friends. It’s his right to be a d bag and who really thinks that hitler will return? Just judge him on his actions and laugh your ass off with your friends.

When did the nazi movement start up again that required sjws to stand up anyways? Are we talking about those nazis Ben Shapiro or milo....?